Old 03-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Pizza gathering

I tested out the oven last week with 3 pizzas from the Caputo. Truly is great dough for the oven. Took 90 seconds, then I elevated the pizza for about 5+ seconds towards the dome. Pizza was wolfed down. I used basil, homemade sauce, mushrooms, Provolone cheese, pepperoni, onion and mint. Mmmmmmmm, was good. Now we are attempting 12 pizzas for friends and family tomorrow.

Acoma's Tuscan:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Acoma; 03-28-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Pizza gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoma View Post
I tested out the oven last week with 3 pizzas from the Caputo. Truly is great dough for the oven. Took 90 seconds, then I elevated the pizza for about 5+ seconds towards the dome. Pizza was wolfed down. I used basil, homemade sauce, mushrooms, pepperoni, onion and mint. Mmmmmmmm, was good. Now we are attempting 12 pizzas for friends and family tomorrow.
sounds good Robert.

How do you make your homemade sauce?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 03-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dave, my wife makes it. I will ask her if she will share it. Honestly, I am not playing games with anyone when I say her sauce is the best I have had over any restaurant or upon any place visited. She makes it for spaghetti (oh it is good!), but this time went with less ingredience so that the sauce doesn't overpower the flavor of toppings. I will ask her to input the recipe or else- no pizza for her

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 03-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoma View Post
Dave, my wife makes it. I will ask her if she will share it. Honestly, I am not playing games with anyone when I say her sauce is the best I have had over any restaurant or upon any place visited. She makes it for spaghetti (oh it is good!), but this time went with less ingredience so that the sauce doesn't overpower the flavor of toppings. I will ask her to input the recipe or else- no pizza for her
Sounds really good Robert.
I would really like to have a good recipe.

Tell here Dave says, please, please,please.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 03-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looking forward to pics Robert.

-
Old 03-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

[QUOTE=Acoma;27806] Took 90 seconds, then I elevated the pizza for about 5+ seconds towards the dome. QUOTE]

Interesting Robert, the elevation technique. Was that to just toast the top?

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Xabia, I don't remember if it was RT, but an earlier thread about pizza dough and methods that I read spoke about it. It definately adds benefit, and yes, it toast the top perfectly. I go half up in height though.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 03-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Master Builder

This is a technique I've seen Pizzaiolo's do in restaurants. Seems to get the cheese nice and golden/caramelized.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Here are some photos of our pizza oven during warm up. Some fire pics to view.
Attached Thumbnails
Pizza gathering-100_1537.jpg   Pizza gathering-100_1538.jpg   Pizza gathering-100_1539.jpg  

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 03-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

For our party, we started the first real party with 15 people. Went smooth and perfect. It was great to see people that came thinking it would be a long process for pizza heating, but was not. They started getting into making them but all were quite happy having me do the oven. Next time I will get them to be the veterans doing the oven and dough, to teach the new guests for the next one. This was so much fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Pizza gathering-100_1540.jpg   Pizza gathering-100_1542.jpg   Pizza gathering-100_1543.jpg   Pizza gathering-100_1544.jpg  

Acoma's Tuscan: