Old 12-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Serf

Default pizza dough/air bubbles

Have only been making pizza for 4-5 months or so, my dough comes shapes up ok taste wise and color but i would like to see larger air bubbles in the dough like in the picture all input welcome.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
pizza dough/air bubbles-imgp2534.jpg  
Old 02-23-2011, 05:14 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: pizza dough/air bubbles

What's the hydration % of your dough?
Old 02-23-2011, 12:15 PM

What are we looking at here? What are those white chunks? That thin browned edge: What is that, pie crust?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

As dmun suggests, your photo raises lots of questions about your dough recipe and dough handling. I am willing to guess you roll out your dough and the edge is thinner. General answer is wetter dough and hand forming using good technique. There is plenty on this site about both.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:07 AM
Apprentice

We use a bread maker for the dough and when we do the pizzas and garlic bread they mostly have large air bubbles.

We roll it out and then form it into circles sort - of, but we do not find this reduces the bubbles.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamG View Post
We use a bread maker for the dough and when we do the pizzas and garlic bread they mostly have large air bubbles.

We roll it out and then form it into circles sort - of, but we do not find this reduces the bubbles.
I'm afraid your picture says something different. First thing you should do is check out the recipes in Forno Bravo's cookbook. Your recipe obviously isn't working as it needs more water and less handling from the looks of it.
Or check out Peter Rienhart's dough recipes on Pizza Quest. I've had very good luck with his neopolitan and country dough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Apprentice

Tim, I think you are confusing me with the OP! Who has the pizza that looks like it has been run over with a truck!

May I suggest you read the post first before commenting...it is less than professional to post a reply such as yours when you are posting to the wrong person.

Our garlic bread has MASSIVE air bubbles and even our neighbour who is Italian complimented us on them...

Pizzas are a little different with the weight of their toppings etc.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Journeyman

Graham,

Sorry, I did confuse you with the original poster. He hasn't posted too much, and not back in this thread, so he can't be too concerned about what his pizza looks like.