Old 08-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Journeyman

Default best pizza in napoli???

james,
did you ever eat at michelles (i think that was the name of the place)? it's the place world-renowned as the best pizzeria in napoli. alsolutely incredible pizza, and the model for my perfect pizza.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

I stood in front of it when it was closed on a Sunday. Does that count? Don't get me started on Italian Sunday closing hours. :-)

On a more positive note, I absolutely enjoyed Bellini, Ciro di Santa Brigida, Ciro di Mergellina and Fratelli di Bufala. Bellini might have been my favorite (a pizza appetizer before sea food pasta). I had a fun chat with the Pizzaiolo at Ciro di Santa Brigida, who is a 4th or 5th generation pizzaiolo, and met Sig. Pace of VPN.

I would highly recommend a food vacation in Naples, and have a few leads on cooking schools, agriturismos and cheese producers.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Journeyman

if i can scrape together the money, i am considering a trip this winter/spring. last time i went there on tour with my band, i just went in circles all day long: espresso, pizza, gelato, espresso, pizza, gelato...all day long. i think i gained 20 pounds in one week.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Pizza, pasta, gellato and espresso are good for you. :-) I don't know any overweight Italians!
James

Old 08-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Journeyman

yeah, i'm just kidding about the 20 pounds. i just felt like such an absolute glutton and loved it!