Old 04-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Acoma's Sauce

My wife finally relented. It is a modified sauce of a recipe she aquired a long while back. Here we go.

2 lbs frresh tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
4 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 clove garlic
1 Tsp fresh oregano
1/4 Tsp fresh pepper
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup dry white wine

For the fresh tomatoes, simmer for 1.5 hours with 2 whole cloves of garlic and 5 large basil leaves. Remove leaves before mixing in blender.

Place tomatoes with tomato paste, parsley, garlic, oregano and pepper in blender or food processor. Process until smooth.

Heat olive oil in med heat, and saute onions for about 2 minutes. Add tomato mixture and wine. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes. Stir the sauce occasionally.

This will make about 4 cups of sauce. Increase quantities as needed for yourself.

Acoma's Tuscan:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Acoma; 04-10-2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Correction to recipe
Old 04-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Acoma's Sauce

Whoa !!
Thanks Robert, and thank your wife too!

I will try the recipe out this weekend~~~~

It looks delicious!

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 04-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

What kind of tomatoes does your wife usually use?

Thanks

D

My costs:

My pics:

Old 04-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

"Modified recipe"

Robert....did she hold back a secret ingredient?

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 04-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dave, they're romano.

Xabia, nothing held back.. She can't use salt do to heart issues, so if you want a little more flavor, add a pinch of medditeranian crushed salt, or your favorite type. She said that you can go to 4 Tbsp oil, but she does not favor that heavy of ingredients. I agree with her about the current recipe. It does have a perfect, smooth flavor that compliments the pizza and ingredients perfectly.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 04-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I mis quoted my wife and have updated her recipe. She says the flavors are more exact. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoma View Post
My wife finally relented. It is a modified sauce of a recipe she aquired a long while back. Here we go.

2 lbs frresh tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
4 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 clove garlic
1 Tsp fresh oregano
1/4 Tsp fresh pepper
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup dry white wine

For the fresh tomatoes, simmer for 1.5 hours with 2 whole cloves of garlic and 5 large basil leaves. Remove leaves before mixing in blender.

Place tomatoes with tomato paste, parsley, garlic, oregano and pepper in blender or food processor. Process until smooth.

Heat olive oil in med heat, and saute onions for about 2 minutes. Add tomato mixture and wine. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes. Stir the sauce occasionally.

This will make about 4 cups of sauce. Increase quantities as needed for yourself.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Old 02-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Journeyman

I'm making this sauce for this weekend,
so far I've cooked down my Toms (1/2Truss & 1/2Roma's) with the basil & garlic

BUT - I first removed the skins from the skins by crossing the bottoms and dropping into a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds.

and instead of blending the lot, I pushed it through a metal sieve to remove all the seeds. I read somewhere that tomato seeds release a very bitter flavour when they opened.

cheers,
Mitch.