Old 03-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Vent transition for clay flue liner

It only works fine if you buy lots of their pizza stones.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Banned

Gary,
The site has an ADD THIS icon at the top, that takes a few seconds to load, it lets people share with twitter and facebook and basically it is slow loading.
I think cleaning out your COOKIES on the computer might make it work better. i was just there on 2 computers and it works fine ??
Again, you guys are amazing ovenbuilders and the transitions are amazing. thanks!
EatingMoreFood
Old 03-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Banned

David,
these thick quality USA made pizza stones have not cracked with 10 firings so far. Our partner co. make these in IL (for 75 years) they are fired to over 2000 F. and come with a 1 year warranty.
If heat breaks it, this will be a first that I have heard. I keep a 16 in. round for the 22 in. Kettle BBQ too.
Cheers !
EatingMoreFood
Old 03-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Peasant

Thanks for the heads up, enjoyed your post's.

I got it opened up.

Question, how does the flew work with the chimney and or vent pipe?

Thanks again for the info.

Gary

Last edited by Gary Mots; 03-26-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:17 AM
Peasant

Azatty--thank you so much! I hardly slept last night thinking about this. I am stealing this idea, with a few modifications.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Banned

Smile Re: Vent transition for clay flue liner

David,
I do like all the kits and designs on this website. I have sent many people here. You hit the nail on the head. We used about 40 pizza stones in this oven. Our stones are USA made and good for 2400 f. The overall thickness is 3 inches once you slice them up and cement them together. They are $22.95 US and measure 14 in. x 16 in. Thicker than other stones on the market, ours are lead free, pure blend of clays. We used mortar mix with extra sand. My oven with a pile of hardwood, paper and twigs gets up to 900F in 30-45 minutes, depends how fast we pump the bellow. Air flow is perfect. We followed the universal ratio for the entrance and chamber. The hidden transition appeared in a dream. The free recycled components of the oven make the pizza taste even better. Especially after a large glass of Cabernet ! Drinking Moscato now as it's HOT. We use 1 on the BBQ grill too. Another reason to cook outdoors.
thank you,
Chef

Pizza Making Supplies, Pizza ovens, DIY pizza ovens, DIY wood oven, Cutter, Pizza Stone, pizza knife, spice shaker, crushed red pepper, grilling pizza, grilled pizza, pizza BBQ, BBQ pizzas, make pizza on grill, making grilled pizza, smoked pizza, woo
Old 07-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by garch View Post
Azatty--thank you so much! I hardly slept last night thinking about this. I am stealing this idea, with a few modifications.
Glad that I could help out. Others' posts triggered my evolution, so by all means, post your modifications to it so it can be improved upon.