Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Design Styles, Chimneys and Finish

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...

Yes, really, truly green is my favorite color. So much so that my kids tease me about it.

I sew too- but I didn't do my own (or anyone elses, for that matter, props to you!) wedding dress. I bought it. I do love sewing on silk, though- even the sound of the needle "popping" through it sounds luxurious! My machines are Berninas, by the way, the real Swiss made ones.

I don't know how long you can use the same bargaining chip with your husband, I don't seem to be able to keep reusing the same one...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:11 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by egalecki View Post
I don't know how long you can use the same bargaining chip with your husband, I don't seem to be able to keep reusing the same one...
Drat, and here's me thinking I had all my future marital negotiations worked out...

Maybe if I tell him the chip's value works by weight?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:55 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Green? Blue? Red? ...so in the end of course I went for yellow (ish)

I really liked Wiley's idea of having the flames leaping further up the chimney and also realised that once the rest is finished there'll be enough blue and green to balance out the red, which seemed to be taking up a bit too much space. And I like the way its turned out, definately an improvement on the original plan.

So now the chimney is FINISHED!! Wooopeee!!!

Here are the pics (such as they are - once I've finished this thing maybe I should take a photography course or something... )
Attached Thumbnails
Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaic9-001.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaic9-002.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaic9-003.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaic9-005.jpg  

Old 08-14-2008, 07:02 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Here are some more from a distance and one of the poor oven's neglected backside. I'd like you all to pay special attention to that one...

...because sure as heck no once else will!

Actually that's not entirely true. The oven's right up against the neighbours fence, so its quite hard to see the back. But you'd be surprised how many people walk all the way round into the pokey little corner there to check that the swirls go all the way round!
Attached Thumbnails
Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaic9-008.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaic9-009.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaic9-010.jpg   Pompeii Oven in Switzerland: the Saga Continues...-mosaic9-007.jpg  

Old 08-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Apprentice

I am more and more amazed with every update. That's just beautiful.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Frances,

It's just plain stunning. This is the most amazing thing I've seen on FB (and there's a LOT of amazing things here).

AHHHEMMM... JAMES? Are you out there?? BOTM for August... This one right here.

Updated!

Old 08-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thank you very much! You're getting me all embarassed now...

But while I think it would be really nice to restart BOTM voting, it you can't be nominated for the same thing twice... I'm already the proud recipient of one BOTM award. I want a chance to vote for Les' oven.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
I'm already the proud recipient of one BOTM award. I want a chance to vote for Les' oven.
Oh, that's right. I forgot! My memory is slipping.
Yeah... Les should get the next one!

Updated!

Old 08-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Master Builder

Frances, it's a thing of beauty - well done!!!
And after all the debate about blue or green, yellow is just the perfect touch.
Love it!
Old 08-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
Here are some more from a distance...
Wow, that's fantastic !

That's the sort of thing I was thinking of for my oven, broken coloured tiles in a sort of Gaudi style, but not quite so um, gaudy

Ciao Rog