Old 04-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Frances' chimney cap

After all that of course, I really really wanted to go with the stars, and started out that way, too.

And I like how the stars turned out...
Attached Thumbnails
Frances' chimney cap-fan-bread-003.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

But...

Then the chimney cap sat and sat on our table while I waited for inspiration on the background to come. I just couldn't hit on anything I liked.

And so finally I went with all gold after all The stars are still in there somewhere though, if you look hard enough.

The gold colour (for anyone who wants to recreate this look ) is from a wavy glass bowl which I spray painted on one side with car paint.

The final picture is taken from behind our garden house, where all you can see of the oven is just the new chimney poking up. Which looks very funny if you're used to not seeing anything there.

Oh dear, I've just realised... that means my oven is now totally completely and utterly finished!! Help!!

...Well, apart from the paving round the bottom and the plant to grow up that ugly metal fence behind it. Phew, got a bit worried there.
Attached Thumbnails
Frances' chimney cap-chimneycap-011.jpg   Frances' chimney cap-chimneycap-012.jpg   Frances' chimney cap-chimneycap-014.jpg   Frances' chimney cap-chimneycap-022.jpg   Frances' chimney cap-chimneycap-017.jpg  

Old 04-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow... Nice cap, Frances!

Updated!

Old 04-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

It's amazing! I like it lots and lots!

Old 04-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Francis, you are very, very creative! Looks awesome.

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Master Builder

Perfect finish! It looks amazing.

dusty
Old 04-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Master Builder

Very nice, Frances!

Old 04-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Apprentice

It is truly a work of art. We need to get you a t shirt that says, "Help, I'm mosaicing my world and I can't stop!" Beautiful
Old 04-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Truly beautiful Frances. The chimney cap seems to complete the organic, alive nature of the movement of your tile work design and complements and completes it nicely.
I can't tell you how often I go to your thread to show friends pictures of what our ovens could only hope to look like. Your cap..., well, "caps" it all! Thanks for sharing and inspiring. Say what is that pink flowering bush in your last picture framing your chimney cap. Is it a pink lilac or something else? Thanks again, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:58 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thank you all very very much for your kind comments! It means a lot to me to share my progress with you all.

Dino, the bush in the background is a Viburnum.x.bodnantense (Viburnum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) - aparently, I didn't know that one off by heart. Its in our neighbour's garden and its actually quite a cool plant, because it flowers in Winter. Through all the ice and snow it has lots of bright pink flowers which disappear round about now, when it starts looking like any old bush.