Old 01-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Covering lumps with stucco?

That might be ok if the oven is under cover, but after weeks of torrential rain and no oven use an igloo style oven, even if it has been waterproofed really well, still gets wet inside and you have to dry it again.Moisture condenses under the foil and slows down the drying process. If the foil is hard against any dense refractory it will be useless as an insulator.Search "foil" and read what others have to say.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by david s View Post
That might be ok if the oven is under cover, but after weeks of torrential rain and no oven use an igloo style oven, even if it has been waterproofed really well, still gets wet inside and you have to dry it again.Moisture condenses under the foil and slows down the drying process. If the foil is hard against any dense refractory it will be useless as an insulator.Search "foil" and read what others have to say.

Im sorry i meant to say dry the oven, install blanket then foil. I guess i can scratch that idea out if its not a good idea. My whole thinking was to try to avoid getting the insulation wet, which will happen regardless if you install V-crete or stucco over insulation. So basically the insulation blanket does get wet, and i take it that its okay? unlike the insulation boards?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Yes it wil get a bit wet, but it's better than creating a moisture barrier which will continue to be a problem every year if it gets really wet.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:23 PM
Master Builder

Thanks for that info