Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree100Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

Here's the dome, complete cap and all. Going to enjoy the rest of the day chilling and relaxing. Having a pizza party tomorrow for the SWMBO's B-day.
Attached Thumbnails
Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-104-cap-7.4.14.jpg   Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-104a-dome-done-7.4.14.jpg  
the_dr_masuess and valentin like this.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 07-11-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

INFARED TEMP GUN - The big "A" company has these on sale for $13.88 free ship with "A" Prime after using this code 85006OFF. Range is from 50 - 932F or 50-500C. I picked up a back up. Expiring soon maybe today.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 07-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Here's the dome is complete cap and all. Going to enjoy the rest of the day chilling and relaxing. Having a pizza party tomorrow for the SWMBO's B-day.
Don't try to fool us! Chilling and relaxing? Bet you'll be tinkering before long with something! Got all your tools made? How about a place to neatly display and store them? And that detail for covering the stainless chimney....but that is a ball of worms (once you start covering, where does it end? storm flashing...and how do you keep it all in proportion to the beauty you have now?) If you are at all like the rest of us tinkers...mind never rests even while sleeping!

Have a great party and best wishes to your wife on her birthday!
Old 07-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Peasant

Russell,

Would you be so kind as to publish the specific specs/product of foamglas you used under your oven? It seems like they have several different types and it may help to narrow it down quickly. Also, did you work through a distributor that has on-line presence? I haven't found a local one...yet. Thanks for your assistance! Carl
Old 07-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Felix,

Here's a PDF. I ordered my FoamGlas from EJ Bartells local but I think they have offices throughout the western US and ship as well. ANH probably carries it as well.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf document.pdf (186.9 KB, 28 views)

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 07-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Peasant

Thanks Russell,

Did you get your Cal Sil board through EJ Bartells also?

Carl
Old 07-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Yes, ThermoGold 12

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 07-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Apprentice

Russel, your copper cladding looks absolutely amazing, all I can say is WOW!!!!!Wayne
Old 07-08-2014, 09:27 AM
Peasant

Russell,

I appreciate your willingness to revisit the past -- concerning your build... I know your thread spurred on quite a discussion about the stability of the outer arches and if that section (entry/smoke chamber) should be built on CalSil board or Insulated Fire Brick or directly on the concrete. I can't tell for sure from the pictures, but it appears you ended up building directly up from the concrete hearth. Is that correct? Would you be willing to elaborate on why you did what you did? Would you do it another way now that you have been through it? Thanks for your thoughts. Carl
Old 07-11-2014, 03:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

felix
Sorry for the delay. I am out of the US right now. But quick answer everything sits on the foamglas/ca si board except a small 1" firebrick veneer on the front and side of the vent area.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log