Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

I was in SLC earlier this week, and got the chance to meet Russell & his lovely wife, and to see his fabulous oven. It is a work of art! Thanks Russell for your hospitality! We very much enjoyed the visit and look forward to entertaining you when you get to Seattle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Did a couple courses of shingles this weekend. Reminds me of doing the brick dome, by time you reach the top you are getting pretty good with cutting and fitting, then you are done........with no more to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-98j-6.14.14.jpg   Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-98k-course-4-5-done-6.14.14.jpg  
cobblerdave, Lancer, Gulf and 2 others like this.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 06-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Master Builder

The oven cladding is looking great!
There is still a lot to do at the top and the exterior of the landing area and transition to your chimney though.
Now that you got the basics down pat, don't let anything distract you from finishing these "Scratch your head, sit down and think about it-final details".
Do you have some "final" piece to trademark your creation?
Old 06-14-2014, 07:06 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Russell

that looks stunningly gorgeous, a master at work.

Do you know I would leave the chimney the contrast against the copper looks complimentary.

again well done.

when you get the aged look happening, it will be take it to another level.

Old 06-15-2014, 04:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

G'day Russell
That , is truly, the most amazing pieces of work on any oven I have seen. And I'm not going to say another word
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 06-15-2014, 05:24 AM
Journeyman

Russel,

Your dome is becoming increasingly famous. You should start choosing a name for it. It looks inspired from your beehiving, you may find a beehiving inspired name, or maybe a Gold inspired name.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:23 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Did a couple courses of shingles this weekend. Reminds me of doing the brick dome, by time you reach the top you are getting pretty good with cutting and fitting, then you are done........with no more to do.
Ann just said OH, MY.... When I showed her the most recent photo of your oven. We will need to stop by to see it when we come out to SLC in December.

Last edited by mrchipster; 06-15-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:09 PM
Journeyman

That's amazing Utah, it looks like nothing I've ever seen!
Old 06-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Apprentice

Russell, That is looking Great! Congratulations on your soon to be completed oven!

My Build -

SLOB - Salt Lake Oven Builders - For WFO builders in Utah - Join here
Old 06-17-2014, 06:06 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks guys, did one more course last night. Looking like one more full set of "skinney" shingles then a cap. Still gathering my materials and thoughts for the cap.

Mikku,

Yes, the tricky custom cut and fits are coming but I learned some skills while making the shingles.

Mr. C,
Looking forward to showing youand Ann the oven in person next Dec. Maybe I will even make a few runs with ya.

Dave, Loren, Lancer,
Thanks for the kudos but you all have great builds going on too.

Colin,
Still not sure on the chimney, my SS in not in perfect shape since I picked it up at a salvage yard so giving a copper sleeve a hard look.

V,
I dont' know about gold other that this copper has reduce my "gold" by a significant amount. I'll be able to take the SWMBO out to a movie and dinner with the money I will get back from just the scrap alone. LOL.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log