Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

Excellent work on the pecrete!
And a great choice for keeping with what I think will become an "industry standard size" vent opening .
dvm likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thx Gulf and DJ,

Gulf you were the trend setter with the beer can, just following your foot steps. I may do something fun for my vent cover like I did with the etched sun on my plug, hint it will probably be copper but you have to wait and see

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 05-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Just got back from Cabo for a little R and R. Good part the perlcrete on the oven could sit and dry for a week. The bad part, what do they say about drinking the water , so the party I planned for tomorrow is off until the SWMBO and I recover.

But a WFO in any language is a WFO. Here is one in a small village called Pescadero. They were cooking pies in about 4-5 minutes and chicken in a skillet at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails
Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-img_0040.jpg  

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 05-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey! I was just down in Todos Santos for 3 weeks. Where were you staying?

Old 05-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

The green apple quick step is never fun. Nice work with that insulation layer!

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin

Last edited by stonecutter; 05-14-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:11 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

DJ,

Stayed in Cerritos Surf Colony just south of Pescadero, spent alot of time to Toda Santos. Small world huh.

Stonecutter,

Thanks for the kudos, I sit and watch all these builds going up in 4-5 months and here I am 2 years later still putting along. But light at the end of the tunnel. I will be asking you for advice soon on how to attach lick and stick stone veneer to CMUs.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 05-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice! We were in a house just north of TS. Went to Cerritos for a day. Fun place.

I used stone/tile adhesive from Home Despot for my stone veneer. Seems to be holding up just fine.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:06 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Worked on the door for the oven, wish I could take credit for the welding but SS is way above my pay grade. I did the layout, but a one of my employees did the welding, I guess he is going to get a great review this year! I added the Fu dog to the door and right now urethaning some handles made from some wild cherry limbs I scrounge during one of our last wind storms. The middle section is stuffed with ceramic fiber left over from the build. I put some bottom flanges on the bottom so the door is self standing.
Attached Thumbnails
Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-86-door-5.25.jpg   Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-86a-door-5.25.jpg   Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-86b-door-5.25.jpg  

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 05-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looks pretty nice Russell. The way it's constructed and insulated should work extremely well.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looks good. Better welding than I was able manage, that is for sure!

I'm tackling stainless with my next project - a patio dining table
Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-table-full.jpg