Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

Awesome!, sure hope you have a good watch dog.
Back in 06'-07' when I worked in construction they were ripping A/C units from houses for the copper. They ripped two at once off a two story, chained them up and away they went, it ripped everything off the side of the house with it. Thank goodness that oven is heavy.

Oven Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:53 AM
Master Builder

Very nice.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 10-06-2014, 05:29 AM
Apprentice

Russel, absolutely beautiful! Your patience, artistic skills and all around craftsmanship certainly show thru on your oven.

Thanks for sharing all your ideas and pics.
jon
Old 10-06-2014, 06:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Let's see, I have cousins of my UT San Maranzos in Miss, Colorado, So. Carolina, CA, LA. and who knows where those next generations have ended up............
Texas, Penn, and FLA, with more going out to FLA, VA & Oregon.

Impressive finish Russ, very masterfully done!

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin

Last edited by stonecutter; 10-06-2014 at 06:12 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Thanks guys, now it is time to polish the cooking skills.

BTW, I am harvesting my heirloom San Maranzo seeds right now and if anyone wants some give me a shout.
Russell awesome job on the copper. Armor fit for a "KING"

Yes polishing the cooking skills, looking forward to your creation!

I would like to get in on the popular heirlooms. I'll send you my address.
My herbs seem to be doing good. I can spout some heirlooms along with them. I may need some pointers on the mators as they get big. I always seem to lose to the bugs.

KB

Old 10-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Apprentice

Russel,
We would love some of your seeds. Southern Illinois could sure use some good SM plants...especially in our garden. Our supposed SM plants were a fake. Nothing more than just roma tomatoes. Would you be interested in sharing some seeds with us?

thanks...jon
Old 10-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Russell, KB,
I have a few seeds to spare from the Utah Strain. These southern "chilren", already have a couple of years adapting to the hot and steamy, hot and dry, and sometimes, just damn hot! south .

Just offerin' .

"There is a snake in the garden."

Last edited by Gulf; 10-07-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Truly unique, Russell. Just beautiful.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:03 AM
Peasant

Have neighbor stove- or roofmaster is both pleasant and uncomfortable. :-)))))))))))))))0 I have finished my stove, now clean it. But to treat the neighbors will probably only in the spring. I thank them for their patience.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:16 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
I laid out the design for the punched copper sleeve for my chimney. Going to drive the neighbors nuts with all the pinging over the next few days. But they put up with it cause I feed them pizza......
Great looking design! Can't wait to see the finished work!

I got the heirloom seeds......Thanks a bunch .......I think it's a little late to start a fall planting of the tomatoes here in Florida, but I think I will geminate one or two seeds and gain a little experience for the spring.

KB