Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

I can't say anymore than has already been said already, but WOW . I am very much, looking forward to you finale for the vent cover and the flu.

I haven't worked with copper to a large extent. Just as a flashing from time to time and as roofs over a couple of bay windows. In each of those cases, we just installed, and left things to age naturally. Are you going to use any of the recomendadions on the net for speeding up the process?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:30 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey Russell have you done the front landing yet?

Old 06-30-2014, 06:57 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Thanks for the kudos.

Joe,

Going to use homebrew aging recipe on ammonia, miracle grow and yogurt. See if it works
I'd try the homebrew on something besides your masterpiece and see how it works... test it for a year! By that time, your dome will have naturally changed to a less reflective aged surface. There is so much "crap" floating around in the air right now, cannot do much more to make it oxidize quicker.
Anyway, what's the rush?

Have you seen any strange lights at night criss-crossing the sky? They probably think your dome is a juvenile ufo that got lose and needs to be brought back into the fold.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Serf

Hey, I just wanted to mention that I enjoy your posts and love your oven. I'm here in American Fork and starting up a build. I want to do a 42" corner oven like yours and while I have read the posts, seen the pictures, and downloaded the manual, I'm wondering if you have any global recommendations to make? I am a bit overwhelmed by all the alternatives, can I follow the manual pretty closely?

TIA
Old 07-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Good advice, boiled down to a few key facts. For me, I think cutting the bricks into a circle inside the dome was a good introduction to brick cutting, and i might add... make yourself an "IT". It will help you in more ways than you can count.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

But make it right I will add chip. I.e arm of IT must be centred on brick face.

Old 07-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Thanks for the kudos.

Joe,

Going to use homebrew aging recipe on ammonia, miracle grow and yogurt. See if it works
Never heard that one. I've always heard of vinegar, salt and ammonia.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 07-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

or, you could just pee on it. Look it up. It's sposta work

Old 07-04-2014, 03:37 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Never heard that one. I've always heard of vinegar, salt and ammonia.
If you delete the salt, it makes a great glass cleaner.

Pee might work, but on an oven? Why not just let it age on its own? Best results would be to degrease it first so you don't have ugly fingerprint marks that age quicker. Oil and wax remover used for prepping for paint might clean it nicely.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Here's the dome is complete cap and all. Going to enjoy the rest of the day chilling and relaxing. Having a pizza party tomorrow for the SWMBO's B-day.
Don't try to fool us! Chilling and relaxing? Bet you'll be tinkering before long with something! Got all your tools made? How about a place to neatly display and store them? And that detail for covering the stainless chimney....but that is a ball of worms (once you start covering, where does it end? storm flashing...and how do you keep it all in proportion to the beauty you have now?) If you are at all like the rest of us tinkers...mind never rests even while sleeping!

Have a great party and best wishes to your wife on her birthday!