Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Banned

Default Re: Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

You oven looks very cool. We jusat finished stucco on ours. BTW a thick pizza stone floor works great too ! Picked them up as seconds @ build a pizza oven, DIY Pizza oven designs, DIY pizza oven kits, wood ovens, review Pizza Stones, buy pizza grills, DIY pizza oven, how to make great pizzas, where to buy outdoor ovens, authentic pizzas oven, pizza oven reviews, brick ovens, pizza pl
Old 10-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Chipster,
Give me a shout when you come out. I'm a ski and snowboard instructor at Snowbird on the weekends. Been there over 20 years and still don't know all the secret stashes but know more than most.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Chipster,
Give me a shout when you come out. I'm a ski and snowboard instructor at Snowbird on the weekends. Been there over 20 years and still don't know all the secret stashes but know more than most.
Sounds great we stay over in Park City but I love to ski "The Bird" it would be a real treat to ski with a local. Thanks for the offer. and I will give you a heads up when we come out. Because of my daughters wedding and things going on at my wife's work we may not make it out until near the first of the year.

Chip
Old 10-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Chipster,
Sounds like this is some special American tradition. In Australia when people "come out", they don't really celebrate it as a special occasion. Good luck to you.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Yes it is special to ski or snowboard at Snowbird, we average a min. of 500 inches of snow per year with a top elevation of 11,000 feet. We are known for our champange powder snow. So I extend the invitation to you too........

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 10-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

KD,

The oven seem to draft much better but I did do a rip roaring curing fire and completely cleared the dome and the etch sun plug was smiling at me. Still getting soot staining but it is what it is. All and all happy with the drafting improvement.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 10-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Yes it is special to ski or snowboard at Snowbird, we average a min. of 500 inches of snow per year with a top elevation of 11,000 feet. We are known for our champange powder snow. So I extend the invitation to you too........
Hey, don't give away one of the best kept secrets in world skiing. Oh I guess I just reinforced it.

Chip
Old 10-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:

Wow, we went to Japan to ski last Christmas. Townsville in the tropics at Christmas time is murderously hot and humid.It was the first time I'd experienced really good powder, snow so dry that you can't make a decent snowball. Had only skied Australia and New Zealand prior, the snow is Japan was incomparable. You are making me daydream again.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Able to achieve a full dome clearing last night and the etch sun plugged popped out. We made about 20 pizza and only one calzone by accident this time. I have to remind the guest that less is best on the pizzas, they seem to pile it on. Everyone to busy stuffing there face and no pictures of the food taken . Good sign I guess. Going to seal the concrete today it warms up enough, only about mid 40s right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-75a-clearing-fire-10.13.12.jpg   Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-75b-clearing-fire-10.13.12.jpg   Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-75c-cleared-dome-10.13.12.jpg   Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-75d-sunshine-10.14.12.jpg  

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 10-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Russell - Don't talk too much about the 'bird. I usually make it out to Utah at least once a season. You may find me knocking on your door as well...