Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

Pulled the forms tonight and filed the sharp edge with a mill file, at least that is what Cheng does on his pours. Pretty decent pour one area a little porous where I had to make a made dash to Ace because I was short 1/2 a bag of concrete mix. In general, counters looks okay and thinking polishing with be the acid test. Maybe tomorrow but for sure Weds. Again using Cheng guildlines on unforming and polishing.
Attached Thumbnails
Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-71-unforming-9.24.12.jpg   Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-71a-unforming-9.24.12.jpg   Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-71b-unforming-9.24.12.jpg  

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:20 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks KD,

In the in the mean time while I try and dial in the chimney issue and look for vent pipe extension any suggestions of the stain removal?

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 09-25-2012, 07:47 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

KD,

Will give it a go. The weather is changing here. Rained all night, agghh, forgot to cover uninsulated dome, hope it does not absorb too much water and it is snowing in our mountains.........

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 09-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Russell -
Looks like the edges on your countertop came out really nicely. I like the color too. Good work.

I hear you on the rain. I'm just crossing my fingers I can get my pour done this week cuz it's coming. I live in seattle after all...

Old 09-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

dj,

The counter color is suppose to be an olive green, we will see when I start the polishing later this week.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 09-25-2012, 10:20 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I have read that Green and Blue are the most difficult colors to get right

Old 09-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

KD,

Stains were really minor, came right off with soap and water.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 09-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Serf

I am going to be buying the Pompeii 90 oven kit which is the 36" oven. I am doing a corner install. I was hoping you could tell me what my foundation measurements should be.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

BB,

Depends on whether you plan on enclosing your build or not. I did not but I am sure there is room for walls. I will look up my dimension tonight. Oh, I just realize you are talking a 36" oven, my dome is 42". I think the FB pompeli plans has a corner layout for 40" dome, that should work for you.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log

Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 09-26-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Russell,
your dome looks fantastic. Can't wait to see the finished dome and the surrounding concrete counter.

Hi tall is your chimney now?

-Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread