Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

Russell,
your dome looks fantastic. Can't wait to see the finished dome and the surrounding concrete counter.

Hi tall is your chimney now?

-Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Muy Bueno!

Old 09-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Serf

Ya I'm pretty sure I figured that out tonight it would be the 49" ext. layout?
Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

The looks so great! Sounds like a messy job but well worth it for the beautiful counter.

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Apprentice

Nice work on the countertop there!

Tu Dat

If you feel lost with building your WFO, just pray to St. Stephen who is the patron saint of bricklayers.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Apprentice

Russ...you just keep unveiling more and more beautiful layers!

Very, Very good work!

It's just great, isn't it, to try something you never have before and it comes off.
Hard work, but you seem to revel in pushing your own limits.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Beautiful work there Russell !

Old 09-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Thanks Gulf,

Is this weekend the maiden fire up voyage for the Queen?
You got it

I am temporarily back on "shift work". I should have been off for the next 6 days. But, I have to work tomorrow (Friday) for "extra coverage" at the mill. I have a previous commitment (also at the mill) to put some time in on a special project for Monday. My intentions are to start Friday evening with Karangi Dudes method. I hope that on Monday morning , I can place the doors to retain the heat, until that evening when I will ramp up some more for the next couple of days.
I also intend to get some time in on the counters while this is going on.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

You will need to burn a lot more wood than that. When there is no more black soot in the oven it is ready.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Baby steps now....

Soon you will running with the pizza dough Russell. You have to make a few mistakes first, then, as you reread some posts here you will have an epiphany and be off again.

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.