Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Wood Fired Beehive in Utah

Fish,

Thanks for the compliment, flawless, nay, just don't take pictures of the oops. Photographer's angle.................

Course 8 on yours huh?, curing and pizza in no time.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey Bookem,

Saw your latest pics and boy do you move along. Your oven has alot of character and charm, nice closing of dome. UK Pizza soon. Will keep watching.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 07-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Pulled the inner arch form today and and almost completed the course 6 which will clear the inner arch. Did not fall down Lesson learned today, thought I had enough shimming to drop the arch form but did not, ended up cutting out the form. No a big deal since outer arch is a different radius. But will remeber for outer arch.
Attached Thumbnails
Wood Fired Beehive in Utah-42-remove-arch-form-course-6  

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 07-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Pulled the inner arch form today and and almost completed the course 6 which will clear the inner arch. Did not fall down Lesson learned today, thought I had enough shimming to drop the arch form but did not, ended up cutting out the form. No a big deal since outer arch is a different radius. But will remeber for outer arch.
Looking Great there Bee've,
I started looking around a couple of days ago for my inner arch template. I found it on my trailer which was bound for the dump. You may be able to put yours back together allowing for the saw cuts for a perfect door template .

Old 07-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Good work Russell. The picture from the inside is awesome. Will your next row 7 go over the top or will it be row 8? Crossing the top is both scary and very rewarding, I think you'll do fine job.
-dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looking real good. I still have my arch template, I have used it to build 4 doors. This last one looks to work though.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

gulf/tscar

What a most excellent idea saving the arch template for the door template. I just went dumpster diving and rescued the template. This is why this forum is so great. Thanks guys.....

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 07-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

dino

I think course 6 will clear the top for sure the 7th. Thanks for the encouragement. Notice i stop short of arch tie-in cause i know they angles are going to be complex. Saving them for tomorrows fun.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 07-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Unproductive day, did not like how the tie-ins to the arch on course 6 were shaping up from yesterday. They look good last night but overnight they got ugly. Amazing what a nights sleep will do. Knocked your two bricks each side of the arch and redid. Just mortared them in tonight to set and try again tomorrow. Making the arch completion is more complex than I thought. Any tip welcome, small bricks, large bricks?

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 07-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Apprentice

My approach - FB Mortar

dvm