Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Laborer

Default Re: WFO Build in Connecticut

And the food during curing......
Attached Thumbnails
WFO Build in Connecticut-food1.jpg   WFO Build in Connecticut-food2.jpg   WFO Build in Connecticut-food3.jpg   WFO Build in Connecticut-food4.jpg  
dvm likes this.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Laborer

and during all this....My daughter brings home 2 chicks.......so the wife likes them and we get 5 more......and hence another project!!!!!! Next year.....no more projects...........
Attached Thumbnails
WFO Build in Connecticut-coop1.jpg   WFO Build in Connecticut-coop2.jpg   WFO Build in Connecticut-coop3.jpg   WFO Build in Connecticut-coop4.jpg  
Old 08-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Yeah, right.....
Old 08-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Fish,

Can't let the SWMBO see this or I will have to build one too.........

Ummm on the curing dinner.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisherx View Post
and during all this....My daughter brings home 2 chicks.......so the wife likes them and we get 5 more......and hence another project!!!!!! Next year.....no more projects...........
My son brought home a chick last Sat. night and was kind enough to introduce me to her on Sunday morning. But I'm not sure how I would react if he brought home two.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:16 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisherx View Post
I'm done with the brick saw for now...Thank God! ...
All in all, I am happy. On to the curing fires and pizza by week end!!!!
Congats! and coking while curing is brilliant. I slowly burned through a bag of charcoal today - My first day with fire. Have you achieved pizza?

My road to pizza is documented here:

Old 08-20-2012, 03:55 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvm View Post
Congats! and coking while curing is brilliant. I slowly burned through a bag of charcoal today - My first day with fire. Have you achieved pizza?
Thanks. I did achieve Pizza and it was great! I did one more dinner while curing. A flank steak idea that I stole from Dino's pics.
Attached Thumbnails
WFO Build in Connecticut-steak.jpg   WFO Build in Connecticut-steak2.jpg   WFO Build in Connecticut-foccacia.jpg   WFO Build in Connecticut-pizza1.jpg   WFO Build in Connecticut-pizza2.jpg  

Old 08-20-2012, 06:00 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Fish,

Looks like you have gone from the building ranks to the cooking ranks. I am going to do the charcoal curing too.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 08-20-2012, 06:48 AM
Laborer

Russell,

I started out with charcoal briquettes as well. The heat was not enough so I decided to add a little slivered oak to it. You will find that it is quite easy to maintain certain temps during your cure without fear of going too high in temp.

On Saturday I had my dome go white at 950 degrees and so far so good.

Good luck and enjoy!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:55 AM
Master Builder

dang it. you guys are all cooking and curing and i am still waiting on pipe and pouring concrete.
Great job and enjoy.
Tracy