Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: WFO Build in Connecticut

LOL, She puts me to shame, yoga, excercise ball, etc. I am going to go on a WFO pizza diet soon and show her!

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:24 AM
Apprentice

So long as the pizza has green stuff on it, it's healthy!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisherx View Post
Dome Closed!!!!!!! Not the best I could do but good enough. The ball allowed for the mortar to dry and grinding it out was a fiasco! Shop vac, foggy safety glasses...etc. But overall, it will function. On to the outer arch this weekend!!!
Great Job ! I am jealous, you almost beat me and I started two years ago
Way to go! Go Slow on the curing fires! Great Job!

Photos:

Oven Blog:
Old 07-27-2012, 02:51 AM
Laborer

Thanks John. I will go slow with the curing fires. Almost beat you? Haaaaaa no way. Just wait....my exterior won't be complete until 2016

I tend to do my projects that way. Get them functioning and put off the aesthetics for years to come. Your whole oven exterior, counters, patio, deck....are all beautiful. You have to post the finished product on your thread! Especially your weathervane!

Your prediction was spot on....remember you told me Labor day while I was at your house picking up re-bar.

Thanks again,

Dave
Old 07-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisherx View Post
Thanks John. I will go slow with the curing fires. Almost beat you? Haaaaaa no way. Just wait....my exterior won't be complete until 2016

I tend to do my projects that way. Get them functioning and put off the aesthetics for years to come.
Heh. That's exactly what I've been doing. I finished my oven in 2010. And I'm still working on the enclosure, hoping to finish it by fall.. more or less
Old 08-12-2012, 04:28 AM
Laborer

I'm done with the brick saw for now...Thank God! This build has tested my patience and I can tell you that I have failed! Not as aesthetically pleasing to the eye as I would like but in the end, I chose function over form....otherwise I'd be here well into September building this dome with no time for anything else.

All in all, I am happy. On to the curing fires and pizza by week end!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
WFO Build in Connecticut-outera1.jpg   WFO Build in Connecticut-outera2.jpg   WFO Build in Connecticut-outera3.jpg  
Old 08-12-2012, 06:06 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Fish,

Good luck on the curing fires, test out some good dough recipes.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 08-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Apprentice

Looks good to me! Very well done, sir!

Pizza o'clock!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Laborer

Thanks Danno...the curing fires are going well. The vent draws great.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Laborer

Brought the oven up to 650 today. So far....no cracks. Yesterday 500 degrees with no insulation. The threat of a thunderstorm had me freaked out since I removed my canopy. The outside of the oven was blazing hot. I could not use the tarp for fear of melting it.....I had to replace the canopy.

Today I placed the 3 inch of ceramic fiber blanket. What a difference in performance. I cooked a chicken, corn on the cob and ciabatta bread while curing. Awesome!!!!! Finally I know the worth of my work!!! Very Nice.

Another cure fire tomorrow.........Pizza on Saturday!!!
Attached Thumbnails
WFO Build in Connecticut-cure1.jpg   WFO Build in Connecticut-cure2.jpg   WFO Build in Connecticut-cure3.jpg