Old 12-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Vent started

"This forum automatically moves one from a 'serf' to a 'peasant'. That's
I'm not sure I want to get to the next level, that mixing concrete is no fun.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:38 PM

Only in english is "peasant" derogatory. It comes from the French paysan(ne), or someone from the countryside. What we know as a farmer. The US press is fond of calling our local country people "farmers" and those in other countries "peasants". If a reporter were to write that the US political process is held hostage to the interests of the peasantry, he'd be linched.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:45 AM
Journeyman

This link will take you to drawings for the arch, the floor space from back of arch to front of oven is 14.5", because the back of the arch was trimmed to conform to the dome curve and the front of the floor extends one inche beyond the arch. The 11.5" illustrated is from the front of where the door will be to the front of the arch.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/atta...alled-arch.jpg

Happy building!

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLake View Post
Another thing I want to copy, SORRY, but there is so many insperations on this forum. But I'm getting way ahead of myself, tomorrow I'm putting the stand up - hopefully it's not raining. I'm wondering how much room from the 42" circle to build out the floor? 12"
Old 12-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Journeyman

Jim

Your arch drawing looks lovely.

I would just comment, that you may want to consider an alteration. The arch will be stronger if the bricks are cut to taper and the mortar joints kept to a minimum. The idea being that it will be freestanding on it own, even if the mortar fails.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlively View Post
The arch will be stronger if the bricks are cut to taper and the mortar joints kept to a minimum.
This is a very good idea. I'm learning the hard way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.