Old 01-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Vent finished

Jim,
I'm in awe of your work, I'm starting the 5th row and had a heck of a time figuring out the attachment to the arch. Finally solved this riddle but seeing yours makes me wonder what I'm getting in to. I have no master plan other than addressing each issues as they arise.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Vent finished

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLake View Post
Jim,
I'm in awe of your work, I'm starting the 5th row and had a heck of a time figuring out the attachment to the arch. Finally solved this riddle but seeing yours makes me wonder what I'm getting in to. I have no master plan other than addressing each issues as they arise.
RC,
Thanks for the kind words. Each issue as they arise? - - The only way to go. And for me, nearly every issue was attached to tying the dome to the arch. As I mentioned to Acoma, the only way I could get through it was to prototype by carving pieces of foam insulation to fit, then transfer the cuts to the brick. The good news is that once past the arch things move very quickly.

If it helps, I have the bevel and angle calcs for subsequent courses and would be happy to send those along.
Jim