Old 09-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Two floor patterns I drew.

I really like the cool designs but I favor the entire floor interlocking. I know none of the bricks are going anywhere.....just my thought process and tendency to overbuild things. Your designs have me thinking for the next generation oven with a cool interlocking pattern. To me, it does not matter if anyone else ever sees it, but it does matter that I do something that is cool to me and done to the best of my ability - personal pride I guess
Old 09-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by asudavew View Post
Yeah....

but don't you think it's fun thinking outside?
My boss asks me to think outside the box while I sit in a cube all day. Does he actually mean for me to work from home?

If the goal is to have a floor to minimize the chance of catching a pizza peel in there, I would say the Herringbone Pattern is a better choice if built at 45 deg angles to the opening. Of course, I guess you could do all of the bricks at a 45 deg angle and get the same effect...
Old 09-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
My boss asks me to think outside the box while I sit in a cube all day. Does he actually mean for me to work from home?
Wouldn't that be sweet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
If the goal is to have a floor to minimize the chance of catching a pizza peel in there, I would say the Herringbone Pattern is a better choice if built at 45 deg angles to the opening. Of course, I guess you could do all of the bricks at a 45 deg angle and get the same effect...
Yeah... that's what I was thinking.

Plus I thought the diamond floor looked cool.

But I guess it will be covered with ashes anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics:

Old 09-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Why not try it out and see? Take sand and make a bed then lay out the brick without making any cuts (do it on top of a table). You may have to brush sand into the joints to make up for the lack of mortar. Anyway, once you level it off good play with the peel and see how cleanly it passes over the bricks. Get really creative and borrow your kid's Play Doh and use it to simulate pizzas so you can see how well the peel works on that surface. Afterwards you can take it down easily and still use the bricks and sand.

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 09-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archena View Post
Why not try it out and see? Take sand and make a bed then lay out the brick without making any cuts (do it on top of a table). You may have to brush sand into the joints to make up for the lack of mortar. Anyway, once you level it off good play with the peel and see how cleanly it passes over the bricks. Get really creative and borrow your kid's Play Doh and use it to simulate pizzas so you can see how well the peel works on that surface. Afterwards you can take it down easily and still use the bricks and sand.

I like the way you think!
I'll give it a try.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 09-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks. :blush:

Let me know how it works out.

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]