Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 07:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: To Thermal Break or not to Thermal Break? That is the question.

I don't have any experience with other types of floor heatbreaks. Nor, any experience with an oven without one. But, this is what I did and the results that I am getting:

I used the cf tape to seperate the oven floor brick from the entry floor brick. I let the top 1/4" fill in with ash. There is not a huge gap between the two, probalby about 3/16". Sorry for the grease stained floor pics. But, the ribs were great! .

To Thermal Break or not to Thermal Break? That is the question.-heatbreak-temps3-003.jpg

To Thermal Break or not to Thermal Break? That is the question.-heatbreak-temps2-007.jpg

To Thermal Break or not to Thermal Break? That is the question.-heatbreak-temps2-009.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:12 AM
Master Builder

WFO's wear grease marks like a badge of honour. I am sure the ribs were great!
Gulf likes this.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 08-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

An update on that I posted on Leetheldc's thread about that same nasty stain and the heat break .

Here (7 years in the waiting i get to start my 42" pompeii)

Tags
arch, opening, thermal break, vent