Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Texman Build

Look for a product called "Fire-Pak". It is in a caulk tube and is made for repairs like this. Did you knock them loose with a log?
Old 05-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Master Builder

Smile Re: Texman Build

i think i knocked them loose with my HEAVY steel door. It is really tight and i have to work it into place. all that rocking with something that heavy wedged against the arch is stupid. I will be grinding or replacing that door.

Do you sale the Fire-pak?

Texman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:29 AM
Master Builder

Fire-Pak is available from WESCO Refractories in Mansfield Texas $6.15 a tube
phone 817 332 1589 no website for sales (you gotta call them.)

I will let you know how it turns out. Probably use to seal the cracks in dome as well.
Texman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Journeyman

Tex, I hope the repair goes well for you. The pictures of the damage made me feel sick and it's not my WFO. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build:
Old 05-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

That sucks Tracy. I might just grind the bricks to fit the door. Easier and cheaper in the long run! IIRC, you have a pretty snazzy door.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:42 AM
Master Builder

Smile Re: Texman Build

I got the patch done-i hope. I haven't fired it yet but i pumped enough fire-pak in the margins that it oozed when i pushed into place. I think what happened is a combination of a tight door and a crack in dome to inner arch. it was about a 3/16" crack in the dome at the widest point that does not exited to top of dome. So you have to get your head in there or use a mirror to see it.

Warning about the pics though-dont look if you are claustrophobic ! I finally talked myself into getting in there. The really strange part is you can't get yourself out without help. My son had to pull me out since my arms are above my head in the oven to work the repair.

DJ-as usual you are right again-grind the bricks for sure. I have a lot of experience with that.

Texman
Attached Thumbnails
Texman Build-img_1486.jpg   Texman Build-img_1475.jpg   Texman Build-img_1477.jpg   Texman Build-img_1485.jpg  

Old 05-27-2014, 09:03 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Should have put the boy in there! I want to see the "after" pictures when you came out...

Old 05-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Apprentice

That's funny.....I bet your son or your wife was cracking up!

Based on how my build has impacted my life as well as my family's, I am sure they are quite involved.
Your build is sure turning out great!

I often cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food...
WC Fields

Link to my build

Old 05-27-2014, 07:07 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novaslo View Post
That's funny.....I bet your son or your wife was cracking up!
Your build is sure turning out great!

About time you posted your head in the oven photo Texman. You know it is a ritual? The WFO gods get their sacrifice one way or the other. Post them during the build or your repairs later. Your choice Novaslo.............Glad to hear your repairs went well Texman.................I think The WFO gods will be happy.

KB

Old 05-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Fire-pak is heat set, fire it.