Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 06:04 AM
Master Builder

Post Re: Texman Build

TEX

i started with 235 - 9" x 4.5' x 2.5" firebrick, 18 -12x12 floor tiles and 3 bags Alsey flue set. ended up one bag short on the flue set. And, i wasted a lot of brick, but ended up using every last brick and tile. I over ordered so i wouldn't be short and i knew since this was all new that i would make many mistakes, which i did. None were damaged in shipping and shipping was $420 for me.
There are several places in DFW that should have the right medium duty brick; that should save some money. I couldn't find anything close to me, so i had to order and wanted to be sure i didn't run short. I used the extra tiles for my landing.

Keep the questions coming and welcome to the forum.
Texman
Attached Thumbnails
Texman Build-img_0692.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Master Builder

Smile Re: Texman Build

A couple of pepperoni pies this weekend. Lesson learned on dough: the ferment needs to be at least 36 hours. I actually had workable dough and it tasted great. Good dough takes some patience and i am a slow learner. I like the recipe i am using, but you have to give it some time and the results are worth it.

Texman
Attached Thumbnails
Texman Build-img_1810.jpg   Texman Build-img_1811.jpg   Texman Build-img_1813.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Texman Build

Looking mighty tasty Tracy. Must be nice having the covered kitchen this time of the year. At least it would be for me! We are living through what feels like endless rain and windstorms right now.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:05 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Texman Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman View Post
48 hours out and 375 deg F

How does that compare to other builds out there?

Texman
I don't remember where I posted my 48 hour numbers, but I lost slightly less than five degrees per hour for four days -if my memory is correct.

Just showed my wife your final build photos.........She was mightily impressed!

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:32 PM
Serf

This looks way cool.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Master Builder

Post Re: Texman Build

Hey Lee, thanks for stopping by. It all turned out good and i am pleased with the final result. Ready to get cooking again.

Texman

Old 03-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Master Builder

Spaceman

Thanks for the compliment. Looking forward to your build, so post lots of pics and let me know if i can help.
Texman

Old 03-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Texman Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman View Post
Hey Lee, thanks for stopping by. It all turned out good and i am pleased with the final result. Ready to get cooking again.

Texman
It wasn't that long ago we spoke on the telephone and you hadn't even started yet. Now you have the model kitchen........OUTSIDE!

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey Tex,

Where ya been? Thought you dropped off the forum. Glad to see you are back.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 05-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Master Builder

Unhappy Re: Texman Build

I have a couple of my inner arch bricks that have come loose. I am thinking due to the small margins that the only way to repair is a hi temp refractory caulk that i can pump into gaps on either side.

What is the right product and is this the right way to repair?

Texman
Attached Thumbnails
Texman Build-photo-4.jpg   Texman Build-photo-1.jpg   Texman Build-photo-3.jpg