Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Texman Build

Boy oh boy are you right about that.You couldn't teach me anything when I was 18 but now that I'm closing in on 50 I learn something everyday and my old man seems a lot smarter know than he was then.Keep us posted on your landscaping
or build another oven or something,it would be a shame to see this thread die.

Bill
Old 08-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Master Builder

Post Re: Texman Build

Gulf

here is the link to harley to wfo:
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/2/cr...tml#post158508 (CRACKS!!!!Stress rising)

and a few pics of my "other projects"
Drains, walls, and still trying to finish the pergola. i will get some pics taken of the kitchen and show the latest there soon.
Tracy
Attached Thumbnails
Texman Build-img_1153.jpg   Texman Build-img_1192.jpg   Texman Build-img_1148.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by texman; 08-05-2013 at 07:18 AM. Reason: add pics
Old 08-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Tex,

No wonder we have not seen you lately on the forum............

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 08-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow Tracy,
You Texicans are a busy lot. Thanks for the link. I don't know how I missed it. Might, just be, the length of the post :rolleyes

Great read! there Wild Bill :>. I love the manipulative scheme to get the approval for the oven. But, it would not have worked with my wife. She already knows that my priorities are God, Family, Work, The Harley, and then.... "the oven" .

Last edited by Gulf; 08-05-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Laborer

You ain't kiddin....you been busy.

Hey Gulf, I checked out your pictures and you can bet your a** I'm stealing your vent ideal. Crackfree on the outside I bet.

Bill

Last edited by TxTanner; 08-05-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Apprentice

Tracy I see you have the Forno Bravo pizza peel. I have really been enjoying mine. We have guests build a personal size pizza (200 gram balls) on a flexible cutting board with a liberal amount of semolina. A few brisk shakes, the semolina falls through and into the oven.
Your ongoing projects are looking grea!. Minds to like after painting the wall the floor needs a redo etc

My road to pizza is documented here:

Old 08-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTanner View Post
....Hey Gulf, I checked out your pictures and you can bet your a** I'm stealing your vent ideal. Crackfree on the outside I bet.

Bill
So far, no problems. But, it is not really my idea. There are many others on this site who were venting their ovens before me in one form or another. Neil2, CobblerDave, DavidS.(there are more). I just added a filter to help keep the rain and also the critters out .

Old 08-09-2013, 02:57 AM
Laborer

Quote:
So far, no problems. But, it is not really my idea. There are many others on this site who were venting their ovens before me in one form or another. Neil2, CobblerDave, DavidS.(there are more). I just added a filter to help keep the rain and also the critters out .
I didn't mean the vent. I like copper tubing bent down. My comment is about the way in which you did it. You get to take credit for a good repurposing of a filter.

"You can't stomp us out
You can't make um run
we're the ole boys that make our own shotguns.
And a country boy can survive.....
A country boy can survive.........

Bill

Last edited by TxTanner; 08-09-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Master Builder

Post Re: Texman Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvm View Post
Tracy I see you have the Forno Bravo pizza peel. I have really been enjoying mine. We have guests build a personal size pizza (200 gram balls) on a flexible cutting board with a liberal amount of semolina. A few brisk shakes, the semolina falls through and into the oven.
Your ongoing projects are looking grea!. Minds to like after painting the wall the floor needs a redo etc
Somebody commented that i had the biggest flyswatter they had ever seen! I couldn't figure out what they were talking about. They said "the one hanging by the oven".(the peel) Does look like a big flyswatter.

I built the island/prep table from aspen stock at lowes and painted the blue and used butcher block sealer on the rest. I had to make it because finding the exact size i needed was impossible. It is 16.5" x 42". Works good for pizza prep table, etc. and leaves plenty of room to move around.

I sealed all of the flagstone counters with concrete gloss sealer, several layers. Now i can wipe down much easier. Have you ever tried to clean sandpaper? That is what the counters were like before i sealed. Flagstone is very durable, but this is much better and cleaner for a kitchen application and much less expensive than granite. I was not liking the flagstone because of the difficulty in cleaning up before sealing. Vacuum and flood where about the only way to clean it before. I had water proofed the stone before i put the gloss on and was concerned it would not adhere properly, but did fine. It would have been better to not waterproof first and just use the gloss sealer, but it worked out. It is the same sealer i used in the concrete bar. BTW-no cracks (yet) in the bar!

Picked up six barstools at Lowes. Need to seal them with spar varnish or something since they are not made for exterior. Any suggestions for a weatherproof sealer to painted wood?

I think the kitchen is done except for just a few loose ends. I want to add a few more lights in ceiling and maybe a subwoofer to the small storage to the right of the oven or even the wood storage area.

I have finally finished staining the 2x2s for the pergola. Used a garden pump sprayer. Much faster! Now hopefully i can finish the pergola.
Attached Thumbnails
Texman Build-img_1583.jpg   Texman Build-img_1582.jpg   Texman Build-img_1586.jpg   Texman Build-img_1585.jpg   Texman Build-img_1588.jpg  

david s and lhs like this.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looks great Tracy!