Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Texman Build

Hey Tex,

Where ya been? Door and set up look great. Me, I am still plugging away on the finishing. Some truth that when the ovens get functional the finish work seems to drag on. Laid out the centerlines on the dome for my shingles and installed my vent in my dome but now working on a pergola adj. to my oven. But nothing like your set up.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Master Builder

Hey Russell
man, i started a big landscape remodel for front and back. Been playing in the dirt way too much. Moving sprinklers, lots of concrete, brick walls, etc. I still need to finish the pergola too. My son graduated from high school, so have been busy with that too.

I am looking forward to the shingles on the dome. That is so cool and i kinda wish i would have tried that. But Good to be done with that as well.
Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice to see you getting cooking in that thing! What I want to know is how hot is it outside the oven?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Master Builder

DJ
the outside of the stucco is ambient temp, maybe a few extra. That thing was still at 450f after 48 hours on the door thermometer. The steel door just radiates heat out i think though. But still that is really good retention i am thinking also considering that i cooked twice in it during those 48 hours after the initial fire. I will get some accurate numbers next firing to get a true picture of the performance. Your oven turned out great.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I was thinking more about the weather in Amarillo in June! I lived in Houston for a year. It was ungodly hot there. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a WFO for about 5 months out of the year there.

450 two days after a fire is really good heat retention.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Master Builder

Post Re: Texman Build

dj

just a normal summer, for a change. We are at 3700 ft elevation here so low humidity and cool nights and hot days, but always a breeze or windy as heck. It has actually rained a little and is usually mid 90s for high and high 60s for lows. So not anything like south texas.

Tracy

Old 08-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Laborer

Congratulations on the completion of your build out it looks super and I really dig the way it all pulls together.You sure do have a good eye for this stuff.

Bill

Last edited by TxTanner; 08-02-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Master Builder

Post Re: Texman Build

Thanks Bill. I read your harley to oven post-good stuff! There is a lot of learning in this project and very happy with the outcome.

Texman

Old 08-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Laborer

Boy oh boy are you right about that.You couldn't teach me anything when I was 18 but now that I'm closing in on 50 I learn something everyday and my old man seems a lot smarter know than he was then.Keep us posted on your landscaping
or build another oven or something,it would be a shame to see this thread die.

Bill
Old 08-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman View Post
Thanks Bill. I read your harley to oven post-good stuff! There is a lot of learning in this project and very happy with the outcome.

Texman
How about a link to the Harley to oven post. That sounds right up my alley. I could not find it on a quick search .

"There is a snake in the garden."