Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Master Builder

Post Re: Texman Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
Tracy,
That looks great to me, and very, very close to the" F" word....... (finished)
Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Texman Build

Near the end of the road? Huge kitchen area, don't they say everything in Texas is "BIG"? Nice work, party/pizza time.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman View Post
Chip
i have looked at your landing many times trying to copy. I was thinking at the entry that heat is not a big problem that far away from the oven. I haven't gotten the oven up to full throttle yet, but the with the heat breaks, the vent floor is hardly warm. Great idea on the slate, too. With an 8' table you should have plenty to practice with.
Tracy
Tracy,

Thanks for the complement of copying my landing I am glad someone else likes it. I like your brick on the vertical surface of the landing. I think I agree on the temp issue I may just be paranoid.

I think I will be going with a mosaic tile pattern to add a splash of color but because of our approaching winter the tile work will need to wait until spring. It is only a 7 ft table but it is in 3 pieces so a little easier to handle that heavy stuff. I cannot imagine dealing with a 4X8 slab that would be real heavy.

Chip
Old 10-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Master Builder

Chip
Just found your recipe on your thread for dough, gonna steal that too.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman View Post
Chip
Just found your recipe on your thread for dough, gonna steal that too.
I am not sure it is stealing if I already stole it.

It works for both Pizza and Bread. Pizza about 120g - 140g balls for a 10-12 inch. Because I use Bread flour it will be springy so you need to do an initial stretch/toss to about 8 inches, let it rest for about 5 minutes and then stretch/toss to final size. Makes nice crisp thin crust with great flavor.

Chip

Last edited by mrchipster; 10-16-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I wouldn't worry about heat at the landing - especially with the heat break. Granite, slate, soapstone - any would be fine. I would consider stain resistance (e.g. grease!) a bigger issue than heat/spalling.

I do like a mosaic at the entry. I left an area in my concrete pour that is going to have a ~9" x 40" mosaic.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Master Builder

Not much happening here. Waiting on the stucco guy to come back after forgetting to get the color ordered. Took my templates for a stainless door and landing to a fabricator this morning and i am waiting to hear from him on pricing for those. With any luck, the stucco will be done this weekend and maybe the door and landing.

I actually have a kitchen without a brick saw in it and i don't miss that saw.
I have a whole bunch of cedar setting at my house for the pergola. Plan is to stain and seal it and then erect the thing. Should start that next weekend. Weather should be in the mid 70s throughout the week and weekend.

Be safe with Sandy (stormzilla) all.
Tracy

Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Tex,

Good to see you are still alive. Not much happening on my end either. Just a few winterizing items on the WFO going on. I should do the same and get my door cut and fabricated. At least you can still work, it snowed several days here last week.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 11-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Master Builder

Smile Re: Texman Build

Finally got the stucco done. I remember why i did all this myself now. Dealing with contractors can be a pain. Anyway, it is done. Waiting on the stainless door and landing. As for my jobs, I have trim work to do at the top of the enclosure, clean the bricks again, clean the whole thing again and again. My fridge needs an alignment that will require some removal of the post back there. I need to finish the cedar on the posts and stain all that. Not sure what i am doing on the floor, any ideas out there?
tracy
Attached Thumbnails
Texman Build-111212a.jpeg   Texman Build-111212b.jpeg   Texman Build-111212c.jpeg   Texman Build-111212d.jpeg  

Old 11-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looks great!