Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm

Hi Thickstrings.

It's going to be on the outer arch. And then it will be tapered.
I'll post my plans and the dimensions tomorrow. I'll look up the threads you mentioned, thanks.

I have caught some kind of flu, All i see is pizza ovens every where, Brick wall's and archways, and building materials. It's not that serious, it's more of inspiring. I hope it will stay that way. On my way home from my parents i am passing this place where the A-team houses. They never bother anyone but them self, and they seem to have it quite nice. The municipality has arranged so they have a barbecue, outdoor toilet and benches.
Yesterday when I passed, it was this very drunk man on all fours crawling out of a ditch. I asked if he needed help to get up, but he refused the offer. He just wanted to know witch way he should take. That i couldn't help him with thought. I hope he found what he was looking for. And i think they need a pizza oven, that could be my next project. If the municipality could sponsor me.

1#: The place 2#: Is that a spartan helmet ? 3#: If you read this Al, is this what you drink over there ? I have tried that wine, i think i remember it as a pretty decent wine, cheap and all. If this build goes all wrong, this is where i might end up. At least they got cheap Aussie wine

Good night, and good luck everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-dsc01274.jpg   Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-dsc01276.jpg   Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-dsc01277.jpg  

Last edited by Southboom; 08-23-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southboom View Post
If you read this Al, is this what you drink over there ?
Never heard of it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Master Builder

The wine looks like an export package. There are some quite reasonable wines packaged this way. Probably Chateau Comalco or Chateau Cardboard.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 08-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
Chateau Cardboard.
Never heard that one before, but i like what i'm hearing.

Nights are getting colder, air is clear. Still we had the best weather in late summer for years. It's still typical summer temperatures for this region being around 69.8 Farenheit on the days. Could be the last week. I have decided to not work at weekends. Next week will be my last on vacation. And tomorrow i will go fishing, hopefully i'll get some fish. And if so, i'll post some pictures. it will also darken faster in the evenings, and it goes pretty fast from now on. So tomorrow i will buy a better light that i can hang in the top of the tent im building under.

I'll post some pictures of the plan as i said. 62% of 335 is 207. So i think the inner arch height is ok, but how about the width ?
And is the beginning of the flue wide enough ?

Last picture: While the amount of light is more then enough i need one in the roof top. I found a good cordless one with led's. I might have some pictures of it tomorrow.

Thanks in advance, and good night.
Attached Thumbnails
Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-view.jpg   Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-view2.jpg   Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-view3.jpg   Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-dsc00912.jpg  

Last edited by Southboom; 08-24-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Laborer

I forgot to tell you,

I got the flue, im feverish and smoke are coming from my ears...

Ok, that was an awkwardly embarrassing atempt to make a joke.

I also forgot one picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-view4.jpg  
Old 08-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Apprentice

Wow! looks good! One thing I have noticed, you will either need a insulated door on the oven it self, or, You will need a damper [flue] on you exhaust...Thats the part I told you to look at Gulf's or Brickie's builds... they have insulative dampers..... So, when you shut the door the heat won't just go up the exhaust stack, or leak ...adjust the damper and "smoke" as well..If you want to hold heat or bake....Might add some buttress to the outside of your arch columns as well..Out side pressure, need mass to hold....How are you going to finish it?

Last edited by thickstrings; 08-24-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:58 AM
Master Builder

All wine is good, some better than others. It sounds like you have the right kind of bug to get right into oven building. Go hard and get right into it. Your plans look like you are on the right track.

Enjoy the experience.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 08-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Laborer

First of all, thanks for the commendations tickstrings and Greenman.
Yeah, i might really be on to something.

No fish was caught on sunday. I didn't have the time to fish even though i brought the rod. This might be my own fault. We had a wonderful day. Probably the best day of the summer. Me, my dad and my mum wen't on a bike ride. I have discovered this new place in my near surroundings. Through two Nature Reserves, there is this really nice place. I'll have some pictures of this. And yes, they concern bricks and ovens. I'll share them another time.

We had quite an adventure. First we passed the A-teams place. I said to my dad that this might be the place i'll end up if all goes wrong with my build. He agreed and said, - Yes, probably. While my mom did not. I had forgot the route to this place and we wen't all wrong. Ending up in me carrying three bikes through rocky steep slopes and my old dad saying they were glad to have their own Sherpa. Earlier he also pointed out that he now had understood the full meaning of this trip: To make them suffer and die.

The people bathing at the rocks were much like the reaction of Al's (brickie in oz) reactions to everything i express: Confused and astonished with big eyes and empty on words.

Picture #1: The rocky slopes. While not looking like much, they were enough for me to almost feel the taste of blood. Two cast iron bike's (at least they felt like that). And my, not that heavy aluminum mountain bike.

Picture #2: This is what happens to all Sherpas in the end. I must now concur with all Sherpas being of a superior race. Those Nepalese Sherpas are made out of some though timber. I think it's the high and clear air.

Picture #3: My Father. The boss, the witty one.

So today i have been dog tired. Not to much work. I'll post the progress in my next reply.

While this sometimes turns out to be some sort of blog. I'm sorry if i sometimes get's out of topic. Some may find it entertaining and others not, i will try to stay more close to things regarding the field of ovens in my forthcoming path.

Now on to my next reply and the progress of the oven.
Attached Thumbnails
Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-dsc01301.jpg   Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-bild-2013-08-26.jpeg   Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-dsc01283.jpg  

Last edited by Southboom; 08-26-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Laborer

As i said, i bought this new light to have it overcast from the roof. I't was pretty much a disapointment. 30 Led's, 900mah, 80 lm. The photo of it shining is at long exposure, so it does not concur with my experience. But accompanied by the other light, it may be of some use.

Once in a decade, i get these bright ideas. The brain works surprisingly good, all the planets in the solar system are all lined up.

What i did was that i took this holder for the Soudal Calofer, pushed out the part that pushes the content out of it's container, Cleaned it up so that it won't get stuck. Now i can fill it with refractory mortar. I noticed that the Soudal calofer has almost the same viscosity as the refractoy mortar. While i think of it, this must have been done by someone before me, like some sort of gun you can load with what ever you wish. Anyway, im happy with my discovery. Now i can fill upp those hard to get gaps in a easy way Hopefully.

Good Night, Cheerfully til im back with more.
Attached Thumbnails
Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-dsc01332.jpg   Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-dsc01333.jpg   Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-dsc01334.jpg   Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-dsc01335.jpg   Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-dsc01336.jpg  

Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm-dsc01340.jpg  

Last edited by Southboom; 08-26-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:22 AM
Master Builder

What is the A-team place.?

Tags
sweden, tongues, wityness