Old 03-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Poured my foundation today

Good job tele, you've given me reason to spend every minute working on my oven. I too just removed my forms yesterday....I'll get some pics up shortly.
Today was spent laying out the hearth firebricks. I plan to get the hearth bricks and arch done this weekend. Yes, I'm gonna build my dome around my arch/opening. I've found myself repeatedly viewing the recently posted pics of the 'no form oven'. the man did amazing brick work...none of it appears hard, he simply took his time, measured twice/cut once and did an awsome masonry job. I've decided to us his pics as my guide.

Keep us posted as to your progress, take solace in the fact that some other poor sole in FL is going through the exact same trials and tribulations as you

Randy
Old 03-16-2007, 06:48 AM
Apprentice

thanks Randy - please update us with some photos as you move along. I wish I could lay some bricks this weekend. As a family we are taking some time in the next couple weeks and heading to Mexico with our church to help build homes, I told my wife that once the hearth was poured I wouldn't do any more work on it until we get home from Mexico. My goal is to be eating pizza from it in May so I am on schedule for that.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:42 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Excellent. I think that is a cantilevered hearth that I see. I like that design. If it's OK, I will drag a couple of photos down and add them to the next version of the plans to show the cantilever option. Keep going, and if you have a spare moment, could you post a photo or two in our photo section here? Thanks!

Minnesota to Rocklin -- now there a temperature change. I grew up in Modesto, which has it's share of hot days.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Apprentice

thanks James - It is a cantilever hearth. I poured the cantilever with regular concrete with rebar running back into the structural concrete of the main hearth. Please feel free to use any of the pictures, I have learned much from all here and if there is something that will show others how to (or how not to) do something I am more than fine with that. I will post a couple pics to the FB site this weekend. Thanks for a great website!