Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Lightbulb Re: Pompeii oven versus premio2G100

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnerAC View Post
Sounds like time for oven #2!
Gudday
Tempting ....tempting . But I still have to convince the minister for war and finance. I've started by trying to starve her into it .., but I recon 2 can play that game, so more thought has to go into this.
I got to find someway to make her think its her idea
Regards dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Pompeii oven versus premio2G100

Maybe a Big Green Egg or similar? I use mine 4-5 times a week.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:06 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Unhappy Re: Pompeii oven versus premio2G100

Gudday
Just did the wikapedia and search on the big green egg sounds interesting. Used to like using a webber charcoal grill but at that time I could pick up a wheat bag of charcoal for 50cents where i lived. Last time I looked it was $12 a bag for those fancy beads much to much for day to day.
So I have a little Webber Q for day to day cooking. It's 2 steps outside my kitchen door under the cover of or back verandah . It's a cheap little begger to run uses a $20, 9 kg bottle of gas every 4 to 5 months. And in the summer month round here its best if you cook outside just heats up the kitchen to much.
But it makes a poor pizza doesn't bake bread and you get no pan juices from a roast to make a gravy and it doesn't smell like wood smoke.
I suppose now that I think about it the pizza oven is the winter weekend cooker. It's the sub tropics here . The summer mths a hot humid and wet. The winters are cool dry and perfect for the outdoors . So that oven gets used a lot. Except for this year when it was unseasonably wet but still just cool.
Anyway just toying with the idea in my mind at the moment. The wife would kill me if I mentioned building a secound...... But it would be fun .....perhaps something portable .....with a forklift...... Still she would kill me.
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 08-29-2013, 03:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
So I have a little Webber Q for day to day cooking.........
But it makes a poor pizza doesn't bake bread and you get no pan juices from a roast to make a gravy and it doesn't smell like wood smoke............
Making a gas grill smoke box. A sardine can works good too .

Old 08-29-2013, 04:39 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday gulf
Thank you ...so much but the webbers literally 2,steps from Her Kitchen. Wood smoke in the back yard ..... Now that's fine. But in her home.
Sorry She How Must Be Obeyed will enjoyed what I cremate ...sorry create in the back yard but in her house I'm sorry but that's a difined No.No.
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 08-29-2013, 04:45 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Question Re: Pompeii oven versus premio2G100

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday gulf
Thank you ...so much but the webbers literally 2,steps from Her Kitchen. Wood smoke in the back yard ..... Now that's fine. But in her home.
Sorry She How Must Be Obeyed will enjoyed what I cremate ...sorry create in the back yard but in her house I'm sorry but that's a difined No.No.
Regards dave
Gudday
Perhaps that will work .....Smoke her into submission ....No that wouldn't work either....Damn Bu$&ger Bitch B$m.
Regards dave

My Build

My Door