Old 07-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Peasant

Default Re: Pompeii Oven - in Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada

Hi Arlene, If mine looked half that good I'd be a happy camper.
Way to go.

Ian
Old 07-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

I'm with everyone -- I think it looks great and it's going to work perfectly. You can try to clean up the mortar a little if you want, or you can completely ignore it. Here's something fun -- the oven dome will be black the whole time it is cold, and then it will go clear when you heat up the oven. You will only see the internal brickwork when you bend over and look, and only when the oven is fired.

I know this because I did the same thing on my first oven! :-)

Congratulations are definitely in order.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Master Builder

Hi Arlene,

I think your oven is looking fine and as said by others here, what really matters is that it cooks ... which it will!
I'll look forward to seeing it finished - any ideas for that yet?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Arlene, "Vampire with a loose tooth" ? Oh that's funny. Your oven looks fine and it has more character than most. That's actually a good thing. Like James said, it is blackened inside so you don't see the mortar joints (yours are consistent and of proper width) and you'll cover the outside and you have a 2nd chance to alter the front "look" of your oven, if you choose to, with your outer facade.

Please be proud of your great work, insulate your oven properly so it will work at its best and enjoy the fruits of your labor (or the crust of your pizza pie).

Thanks, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread