Old 07-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Re: pompeii oven construction began today

Hey all,

I'm back in the saddle -- and I am pretty sure Paul is still available and using his oven often. I will contact him and see what we can do to host all of his photos here. As David says, Paul was early and did a wonderful job -- both the oven and pizza dough. :-)

How are you doing Nick? Have you fired the beast yet?

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Journeyman

Been a while, guys... I lost the house in the split with the ex, and may need to build a new oven. If so, it'll be better than ever! I'm hoping to take the old one though, as the slip plane between the hearth and the base means I could possibly forklift the entire thing heart-up...
Old 02-16-2013, 10:17 AM
Journeyman

Haven't been here for a while, and haven't used my oven either, but today I finally get to go get it back! In one way or another...
Old 02-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday
Read through your post ,very interesting. How are you getting your oven back ?
Brought back the property or fork lift the oven off its stand?
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 02-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Master Builder

I apologize, terrible, tasteless, joke.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:38 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelCorn76 View Post
Wait until you have to move and leave that behind. There will be tears aplenty then.
Well Jim, that day came.

When I built this oven, I always had in mind that I could forklift the hearth right off of the stand. I arranged with the ex to come pick the oven up, and reserved a flatbed and boom lift to move my baby to it's new house. Kim and I were not on good terms, so she was not there when I arrived. Her camper was however, and was completely blocking access. This was a one-shot to get it kind of deal, so I had to break out the sledges.

I have photos of the carnage, but I'm in Europe at the moment. Loose perlite everywhere, smashed housing walls...it was ugly. I had to be quick though, and take the valuable components.

I now have a numbered pile of fire brick and chimney pipe sitting in my new garage. I think I'll be rebuilding it on a trailer this time.

Sooooo! What have you all learned in the last 9 years that can help me make this one better?
Old 06-17-2014, 04:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulages View Post
Well Jim, that day came.

When I built this oven, I always had in mind that I could forklift the hearth right off of the stand. I arranged with the ex to come pick the oven up, and reserved a flatbed and boom lift to move my baby to it's new house. Kim and I were not on good terms, so she was not there when I arrived. Her camper was however, and was completely blocking access. This was a one-shot to get it kind of deal, so I had to break out the sledges.

I have photos of the carnage, but I'm in Europe at the moment. Loose perlite everywhere, smashed housing walls...it was ugly. I had to be quick though, and take the valuable components.

I now have a numbered pile of fire brick and chimney pipe sitting in my new garage. I think I'll be rebuilding it on a trailer this time.

Sooooo! What have you all learned in the last 9 years that can help me make this one better?

Staaaaay!....................... single?....................... .

Last edited by Gulf; 06-17-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:19 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelCorn76 View Post
Wait until you have to move and leave that behind. There will be tears aplenty then.
[QUOTE=Gulf;175548]Staaaaay!....................... single?....................... .[/QUOTE

Hahaha...too late for that one! Happily married.