Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 04:14 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: Pizza Bob's 42" Build

Hi Bob,
That patio came out great! Ties the oven into the entire backyard area. Piazza de Pizza Bob! Beautiful! As for furniture we opted for cast aluminum with a bronze color finish. I think any way you go it will look good!
Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!
John

Photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oven Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Apprentice

Very beautiful stone work and the overall project looks great. I had the same struggle on the patio furniture and ended up with the cast aluminum. I love wood but even teak still weathers and has more maintenance issues that drove me to the cast aluminum. Either way it will look very nice against that stonework.

My projects:
Old 05-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Apprentice

Thanks guys. We'll probably end up going with cast aluminum but the teak would really look nice when weathered!

Scott,
I thought teak can be left alone for like 100 years???

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

~Bob

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Apprentice

Bob - Yes teak will last a very long time but it still weathers and is rough for a table if you don't regularly oil and maintain it. Still a matter of personal taste and style...

My projects:
Old 06-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Apprentice

The patio furniture came in this afternoon! It's cast aluminum and seats 10. Now we need an umbrella and cushions. The oven and patio are in full sunlight from 11:00 AM until 6:00 PM - great for the tomatoes but not for me standing in front of a 900 degree oven!
They delivered my furniture just before tornado warnings not too far away! My thoughts and prayers go out to the people in Springfield, MA - keep safe!

~Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Pizza Bob's 42" Build-patio-furniture_1.jpg   Pizza Bob's 42" Build-patio-furniture_2.jpg  

Old 06-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Apprentice

Nice choice and very appropriate for the site. Hope all are doing well after the storms.

My projects:
Old 06-05-2011, 04:05 AM
Journeyman

Good Morning Bob,
The set looks perfect! I love the way the Patio and walls came out, a great hardscape all around a perfect OVEN! Beautiful!

Photos:

Oven Blog:
Old 07-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Apprentice

Finally, finally, finally have grass in the backyard! The yard has been under construction for three years and it's so nice to see grass! We had success growing grass the past month - it's been a mild summer in Connecticut. The oven is just about complete. I need to get handles on the cedar door which serves as a critter and moisture block - not used for cooking. Then I'm building cedar doors for the storage area under the oven. The pizzas coming out of the oven have been fabulous! I just wanted to thank everyone again for all your help throughout the oven build!

Regards,
Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Pizza Bob's 42" Build-grass_1.jpg  

Old 07-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thank you for posting it all Bob! I've enjoyed your build from the start. It's been nice watching your patio/pompeii oven project come along throughout the seasons in CT.

That's one of the best tables for 10 I've seen. To seat that many and have everyone able to see each other is going to be great for pizza dinning. The patio floor came out great too.

I love the pizza peel. I'll have to check that out online. A small headed, long handled turning peel is a must. BTW: I went back to look at the pic of you in front of your oven...it does dwarf you (as tall as you are) but it fits the whole patio size and table very well.

Soon as you put a door on your lower base opening, you will be more done than I am. Be sure to post the pic, maybe give me some ideas too .

thanks, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Apprentice

Dino,

Thank you for the compliments and all your help throughout my build. I can't tell you how many times I looked through your albums to figure out how to do things! The doors should be done sometime before Labor Day - I'll keep you posted with progress.

Happy Cooking!

~Bob