Old 11-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Oven opening and vent design detail

Thanks Eddie & c5dad,

Eddie,
My interior dimensions are also about the same. Thanks for passing those along...always nice to double check against someone who has done this already. After reading several threads and giving it alot of thought, I'm going to dispense with the soldier course. It looks cool and all, but is definitely a weak point. It is getting too cold here to start my build, so I'll just have to settle for building it my mind all winter

c5dad,
Thanks for the poop. Are you a FRED driver or crewman as the name suggests?

gene
Old 11-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Journeyman

Actually, I am neither.

All of the family's name starts with a C and I be the dad - wife is C5momma. Geeky, yes, but keeps the momma happy Happy wife, Happy life!
Old 11-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by efleifel View Post
Hey Dino,

What kind of brick cutting machine do you have?
I am looking at your album, and those cuts are fantastic.
Thanks Eddie, I bought the Harbor Freight wet saw and stand. I'm so glad I paid for the stand. Being able to move the saw around was a big help.

I did go thru a lot of diamond blades getting those 'crazy cuts' just right.

So Eddie, you're going for a low dome (16") ? Sounds cool. Seen a few of those on this forum. Your oven opening dimensions sound good too but just a 16" wide opening at the floor? It sounds small for some reason but I don't remember what your oven diameter is so it may be just right.

Take care, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Laborer

Thanks Dino,
Because the internal size is only 28", I went with a 16" opening width, and an 11" height at the center of the arch, so as not to lose any heat, my previous oven was 18" high and 19" opening width with a 12" opening height, and it was about right., with this one a bit smaller I was just playing it safe.
I also have the Harbor Freight wet saw, but I built my own stand from left over wood as you can see on the web site, you must be real artistic and patient to be able to do those crazy cuts, so far the transition to the arch bricks were easy cuts, we'll see what happens tomorrow when I cut for the last 2 courses.

Thanks again

Take care

Eddie
My Web site