Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Pompeii Oven Construction (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/)
-   -   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/my-40-inch-pizza-oven-florida-19083.html)

kbartman 03-12-2013 05:12 PM

My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

6 Attachment(s)
Hello all,
I've been hanging around this site going over the all the good information for some time now. I had wanted to build some type of built in BBQ on my patio for some years now. Searching for ideas I stumble across the FB site. I fell in love with idea of building my own pizza oven and all the other potential uses. I quickly dove in head first with some of my rough designs. My oven stand is up a ready for some insulation and firebrick. The stand was the easy part for me, having some construction back ground. Now the fun begins. Soon as I get over my fear of cutting my first fire brick. Wish me luck. Iím in the process of building that indispensible tool. I have a few questions if anyone is interested. I plan on mounting a rod on to a door hinge. I am considering using the hole in the hinge already, to use as the pivot point. This will have some offset from dead center of the oven. But I think it will still work and also lower the inside height dimension a little. Is this true?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbartman (Post 152834)
Click on the blue arrow to go to the thread about my foundation

V-wiz 03-12-2013 05:15 PM

Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Very nice. I like the location. Try to keep it clean, it can get dirty very fast.

kbartman 03-12-2013 05:20 PM

Thanks... The oven or job site?

Coloradoredusa 03-12-2013 05:25 PM

Nice location..do you have easy access outside from where the oven is?.. I would for sure do all my cutting and mixing out doors that pool would get really dirty with all of the brick dust. Looks Great!

kbartman 03-12-2013 05:55 PM

I plan on cutting the bricks inside. I have a ten inch wet saw I borrowed from a friend. I used the saw to cut the entire tile for my bathroom remodel. The mess was manageable on the patio. Thanks for the input I Need all I can get from this point. My insulation for the floor should be here on Friday. I bought the fb board the first shipment was damaged. Any suggestions on setting the floor insulation. Protecting it is a concern; it is a lot more fragile than I thought.

Coloradoredusa 03-12-2013 07:27 PM

Those bricks put off way more dust than your tiles did, honest..Make sure you wear a mask, it will make a cloud..even if you soak them. Cover your pool!

Les 03-12-2013 07:35 PM

Your tool should work just fine. The off set will be minimal - well within the tolerance of brickwork. How do you plan on venting outside of your netting? Those Florida bugs can get big and nasty...

V-wiz 03-12-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbartman (Post 147533)
Thanks... The oven or job site?

The job site.

brickie in oz 03-12-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les (Post 147541)
Those Florida bugs can get big and nasty...

We have a product here in Oz called fly spray, it comes in a pressure pack and you just aim and squirt.
It gets in their eyes and stops them from seeing where they are going, they crash into the windows and get brain damage then die. :rolleyes:

They also sell low irritant, but I always buy the high irritant just to make the little buggers suffer some more.

UtahBeehiver 03-13-2013 05:16 AM

nice work on the monolithic arch pour.