Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

It's been a while................. slow going but I'm making head way. Here are a couple of pictures of my progress.
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2955.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2958.jpg  
david s, oasiscdm and hodgey1 like this.

KB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:53 AM
Journeyman

Looking good, KB. Love the tile work. Very impressive looking project.

"You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six." - Yogi Berra
Old 07-24-2014, 06:39 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Simply one word summary - Exemplary

Old 07-24-2014, 06:59 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

KB,

You come a long way and your build was very interesting to watch. Great job.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:34 AM
Master Builder

Thanks all, for your compliments and help. I could not have gotten this far without everyone's help and encouragement. Still lots to do.........

KB

Old 09-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Master Builder

Finally, cabinet doors completed, time to focus on the oven doors. The norm seems to be a insulated door extending into the oven inner arch and having a lip covering a reveal of some sort. My reveal is a lot larger then most so its may take some thought. I'm thinking that a insulate door in front of my inner arch would retain more heat and better insulate the inner arch. Any thoughts?

Herb Garden has began I hope I can keep them alive this time. Any other suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2963.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2937.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2962.jpg  

KB

Old 09-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

KB,
I have a very wide reveal in my oven also. That helps, very much, in accessing the sides of the oven with tools. The extra wide reveal is at least akin to the flared entries that many do. But, without the intimidation .

Do make, or have made, an insualted door. It opens up the world for what these ovens can be capable of

"There is a snake in the garden."
Old 09-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
KB,
I have a very wide reveal in my oven also. That helps, very much, in accessing the sides of the oven with tools. The extra wide reveal is at least akin to the flared entries that many do. But, without the intimidation .

Do make, or have made, an insualted door. It opens up the world for what these ovens can be capable of
I love my extra wide reveal, agree with its utility. I will make a insulated door. I'm looking thru the :"Show us you door thread for ideas" hope to find some good ideas and get past the planning stages. I have been holding temps well with just a piece of Hardee board covered with aluminum foil. Cooked pizza last Saturday evening breakfast and dinner Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with supper tonight at 400F temp. Glad I incorporated the heat breaks as you and many others have. I'm thinking once I insulated the door I may have to leave it open just to get the heat out to cook something other then pizza
Thanks

KB

Last edited by kbartman; 09-03-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Master Builder

Haven't posted any thing on my thread for awhile, thought I might give a update. I did make a outer door which will be fitted with some type of adjustable vents to be used when I use the oven as a smoker. I did decide to install the chimney extension to get the smoke up and out of the pool area although I painted it high heat white, to tone down a bit. The insulated oven door still eludes, I will get to it eventually. Been enjoying the oven's use and getting better at those pizzas pies.

Any way here is a night picture of my her:
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2965.jpg  
Gulf, oasiscdm and NCMan like this.

KB

Old 12-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Master Builder

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all my Forno Bravo friends.
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2966.jpg  

KB

Tags
chimney, flue