Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Well I was hoping to get her dried in. Oh well, at least I think I'm finished with the curing. Dome top read over range on my IR thermometer with top thermocouple reading in the 950F range. I poured the coals to her at the end of the evening. Today dome holding steady 650F saturated temp, fire out..

My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2627.jpg

My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2634.jpg

My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2635.jpg

My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2636.jpg

KB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kbartman; 10-16-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Journeyman

Getting close to getting her dried in on the rear........... I'm trying to wrap my hands around the flashing on the ridge and terminating the wall flashing. Any ideas on how to finish the ridge and some kind of kick out flashing were the wall flashing terminates? I'm not shore how to cut and end these to get the best water tight seal. Any suggestion's and or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2640.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2639.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2641.jpg  

KB

Old 10-19-2013, 07:38 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

The ridge flashing should go first.
Take the wall flashing past the ridge from both sides and cut vertically allowing one to over lap the other..

I have just used silastic to hold the lead flashing on my chimney on the house, its been there for over 18 years and not 1 leak.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie in oz View Post
The ridge flashing should go first.
Take the wall flashing past the ridge from both sides and cut vertically allowing one to over lap the other..

I have just used silastic to hold the lead flashing on my chimney on the house, its been there for over 18 years and not 1 leak.
Thanks Brickie,
But I'm still not seeing it. I look for this on you tube. Couldn't find anything. I'm a very pictorial person on figuring out things, please bare with me. If I can see it I can do it.

KB

Old 10-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Try this.
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-ridge-flashing.jpg  

Old 10-20-2013, 05:44 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie in oz View Post
Try this.
Thanks Brickie I'll go give it a try.

KB

Old 10-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Peasant

Is the flashing stuck behind the stucco on the right side of the oven or is that just an optical illusion? If it is I would be concerned about it causing the stucco to shear off the wall.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:36 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grtiz View Post
Is the flashing stuck behind the stucco on the right side of the oven or is that just an optical illusion? If it is I would be concerned about it causing the stucco to shear off the wall.
No optical illusion, although in the picture the flashing had not been installed yet. The flashing has since been installed and attached to the wall. The flashing ends at the roof line with a kick out bend/cut on the flashing. The stucco on the chimney will terminate by over lapping the flashing 2 inches with roofing felt and metal lath with a weep edge. I think the is the proper way to end the stucco /flashing. I will take some picture this evening. Attached are the pictures I believe are the area of your concern. I appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2639.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2640.jpg  

KB

Old 10-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Journeyman

Cooked my first successful pies today. I think I had the oven a little to hot. Better luck next time . I look forward to many more as I perfect the process. I cooked three.........no leftovers, that must mean I did ok.
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2651.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2656.jpg  
Gulf and GarnerAC like this.

KB

Old 10-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Those look a lot better than my first few pies, as I recall Brickie called one of them "real ugly" or something similar he even wanted to make an ugly pie hall of shame...

Tags
chimney, flue