Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Nice job, now the fun begins.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

You have to change the way things look, pic 3 reminds me of a Pixar movie scared guy....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Master Builder

I had some dome clearing on the last fire. So far I have not seen any cracks. The last firing on Sunday the oven held heat all week 150F on Friday. I think I'm ready to pour the heat to her.

I installed a couple more thermowells on the opposite side of the others. I think I will add one more over the oven to monitor enclosure temp.

I hope to get the roof trusses done, finish insulating, and get the oven dried in this week. I have the next couple days off work.

I trying to get my mind around attaching the felt paper to the Hardieboard. I tried a hand stapling gun and 1/4" staples the shortest I could find. No luck just bent staples.... I was thinking a hammer type stapler may do the trick, or would it bend the staples also? Any suggestion before I spend the money for one?
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2582.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2614.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2616.jpg  

KB

Last edited by kbartman; 10-13-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:50 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickie in oz View Post
You have to change the way things look, pic 3 reminds me of a Pixar movie scared guy....
Just imagine a roaring fire in its mouth, with the circles glowing day-glow green in the dark?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:54 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post
Just imagine a roaring fire in its mouth, with the circles glowing day-glow green in the dark?
Been looking for a picture of the Pixar's scared guy, please post pic........ I hope it will blend nicely when the stucco and lights are complete

KB

Last edited by kbartman; 10-14-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:25 AM
Master Builder

Post Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

kbart

Gonna have to use screws to attach to hardiboard. If you are worried about moisture at the penetration, smear some silicone on there. But the pressure of the screw should prevent moisture. Great job BTW.
Texman

Old 10-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbartman View Post
Been looking for a picture of the Pixar's scared guy, please post pic........ I hope it will blend nicely when the stucco and lights are complete
It does, and will look even look greater! I'm looking forward to seeing your finished oven

Old 10-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Master Builder

Thanks Guys,
More screws for the felt, I'm running out of places to put them I figure a washer would help. I hope I will still have room for screws on the metal lath..........I found my first heat induce crack today. I should have started with charcoal. The kindling fire for the bed of coals was very hot quickly. I thought it could handle it. The crack is maybe 1/32" or more. I tried to photograph, it did not show up. Oh well it's official all domes crack at least mine. I'm sure there are many more under the insulation. The oven is starting to clear now, crack is smaller maybe 1/64". It is on the inner arch. Should have started with charcoal.

I was able to finish the insulating and get the trusses mostly complete today. Completed thermowell for enclosure temp... I have 5" inches of fiber blanket surrounding the upper portion of the dome 3" the lower. I used the rest of my vermiculite at the bottom of wall enclosure then finished with fiberfrax loose insulation up past the additional 2'' of blanket on the upper portion....Hopefully get the roof dried in tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2621.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2626.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-dscn2620.jpg  

KB

Last edited by kbartman; 10-14-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:43 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbartman View Post
Been looking for a picture of the Pixar's scared guy, please post pic........
Do you not see it?
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-pixar-800-x-600-.jpg  

Old 10-15-2013, 05:16 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Do you not see it?
I see it, I was hoping you were going to post the cartoon character, maybe I can use it as a new avatar.
Gulf likes this.

KB

Tags
chimney, flue