Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

10th course is complete..........I'm hoping three more courses then plug...……. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel picture #3 the heavenly light from above........LOL
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0058.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0060.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0059.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0063.jpg  

KB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:31 AM
Journeyman

Looking real good. Nice joints.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:49 AM
Journeyman

No work on the oven today............First tropical system of the year, tropical storm "Andrea"……. Warning in affect.........High wind and heavy rains and possible tornadoes for my WFO next 24hrs...... hope she can take it..........Pool already overflowing
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0065.jpg  

KB

Old 06-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbartman View Post
No work on the oven today............First tropical system of the year, tropical storm "Andrea"……. Warning in affect.........High wind and heavy rains and possible tornadoes for my WFO next 24hrs...... hope she can take it..........Pool already overflowing
Steady, though light rain in Tallahassee so far. Hope you ride out the storm without problems. Bruce

Check out my pictures here:

“In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” ― Albert Einstein
Old 06-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Well are you still bailing out the oven or did it stay dry? Curious minds want to know. Bruce

“In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” ― Albert Einstein
Old 06-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bec1208 View Post
Well are you still bailing out the oven or did it stay dry? Curious minds want to know. Bruce
Well my blue tarps were old and worn so the insulation got a pretty good soaking...............I replaced the tarps with new ones, this should keep any more water out………… The rainy season has begun in central Florida …………. So I’m Trying to dry out between the daily afternoon rain showers ……….. I was hoping to be further along at the time…………Once the chimney goes up, keeping the water out the enclosure will be quite a challenge before its completion.

Family has been in town so no progress lately......hoping to get something accomplished this weekend.

KB

Old 06-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Well my blue tarps were old and worn so the insulation got a pretty good soaking...............I replaced the tarps with new ones, this should keep any more water out…………
Sorry to hear about the leaks. It's probably a good idea to keep an old tarp to have under the new one. It will protect the new one from snags and tears as well as provide extra protection from rain. I know what you mean by wanting to be further along, in addition to the afternoon rains it going to be really hot soon. Still, it seems like your build is zooming along compared to mine. Bruce

Last edited by Bec1208; 06-10-2013 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Fixed quote box
Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Journeyman

It's been 1 week since the tropical storm soaking.........Still wet as day 1........ bummer........Decided to do some pre curing with 500w lights below hearth, figuring that it may help the dry out…………… Had to retire the IT for the exercise ball………..Whom ever thought of this was a genius………I thought the radius was going to be a problem seems to be working well with modeling clay……….11th course complete…..
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0066.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0070.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0072.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0075.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0077.jpg  

KB

Old 06-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Journeyman

so close!!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Journeyman

Cool Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

12th course complete.........The exercise ball is the ticket for dry fit and mortaring the courses......... Works well, over inflate set and mortar brick then deflate and make adjustments as you concentrically tap inward……looking for suggestions on how to complete dome closure.
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0079.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0088.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0084.jpg  

KB

Last edited by kbartman; 06-15-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Tags
chimney, flue