Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by K79 View Post
Check out my thread to see how I'm holding up my brick. Doesn't work well when you dry fit as the bricks want to slip but to hold them in place with some mortar its awesome. Post 300.
Thanks 79, I have not had any trouble with the mortar holding the bricks. The high heat mortar is pretty sticky. I like the hook idea will probably use it on the upper courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisdad View Post
Nice piece of work kbartman.

My saw just arrived yesterday so I'm a bit behind you. I like your arch transition and your use of firebrick shims on the dome. I haven't seen anyone else employ clay as an aid either. Good idea.
Calisdad, welcome aboard look forward to watching your build.

The arch transition not my idea, I've seen the pictures of the arch transition successes and failures this one seems to me the way to go. Thanks to all those whom have gone before.

I found that in my cut to fit approach that the mortar was setting up too fast. Clay allowed for me to cut and dry fit the whole course. This allowed me to lay the whole course relatively quick, enough time to allow me to tap around the whole course concentrically while mortar was still workable, allowing better overall alignment. I hope it works on the upper courses.

The shims are just the scape cuts used to fill the wide mortar joints the Super Demon High heat mortar shrinks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Nice work clearing the arch.
Utah, a compliment from a pro like you mean allot………. Thanks

KB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kbartman; 05-29-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Peasant

Talking Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbartman View Post
Chirobuggy's he the man , and he's a only a serf.........Looks like K79 and Boy wonder are going to be pushing his broom...........I promise my next post will be serious
Thanks for the compliment KB....I was just catching up on your thread ans saw this. Looks like it was from March? I dont know what I did to deserve the complement but Ill take it.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:44 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirobuggy View Post
Thanks for the compliment KB....I was just catching up on your thread ans saw this. Looks like it was from March? I dont know what I did to deserve the complement but Ill take it.
Chirobuggy,
I was just messing around giving all a hard time back then......... Youíre still the man after todayís calculation the post to view ratios of our three threads.

Today stats:
Chirobuggy.........48 views per post
Kbartman...........31 views per post
K79...................23 views per post

By the looks of your stats and your new IT base we will be pushing a broom for ya. Even though K79 just made it to Journeyman status and I'm only a Apprentice. .......LOL

Glad to have ya back look forward to watching your progress.

KB

Old 05-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Peasant

Okay! now I get it I didn't even know you could look at that stuff but it makes perfect sense now! Surprising though...

I just hope my build looks as good or at least somewhere as good as all that are mentioned. Its great to be able to learn so much from everyone on the site. Just wished I had more time to keep up with you guys. I might be able to catch up now that I'm going all in.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:52 AM
Master Builder

Finished the the dry fitting for the 9th course yesterday and will be setting it today.........How long before I can remove my inner arch support?

KB

Old 06-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbartman View Post
.....How long before I can remove my inner arch support?
I think that you could have removed it about 30 minutes after you completed the arch .

Some great looking brick work there KB.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:02 AM
Apprentice

after being introduced to this website 6 months ago i have been following a lot of these WFO builds from all over the world. lots of great work.

bartman,you have some really nice brickwork there. well done. are you running your flue thru your screened cage?

looking forward to starting my build and hope it is 1/2 as well done as yours and the others.
jon
Old 06-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Master Builder

Cool Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Thanks all for the complimentís......tuff going thus far......Yes I will extend the chimney thru screen enclosure. 9th course complete
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0047.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0051.jpg  

KB

Old 06-02-2013, 06:45 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanoer54 View Post
after being introduced to this website 6 months ago i have been following a lot of these WFO builds from all over the world.

looking forward to starting my build and hope it is 1/2 as well done as yours and the others.
jon
Jon,
Glad to have ya aboard......Thanks for your comments....Looking foward to seeing your build.

KB

Old 06-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Master Builder

Arch supports a goner....... Dry fitted the 10th course today............ Modeling clay still working good............. I'm thinking of going back to a full size half brick on the next course............Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0052.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0054.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0057.jpg  

KB

Tags
chimney, flue