Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 10:50 PM
Master Builder

Cool Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbartman View Post
Unless I can find me a good teacher to improve my geometry skills I will be taking the layman’s approach. Hence the new and improved “string alignment system”. This will implore a cut to fit approach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post

As Mr T said "don't overthink it".
Ok guys, you are all making my head spin, this ain't rocket science. KISS principal for me...........I may not be able calculate it... but I can build it.....stay tuned.... just build the darn thing......they will come...........A week ago I did'nt know what highjacking was Cool and I didnt think you all liked me.....LOL

KB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:00 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Yes, KISS is a good idea, move on and good luck you will find out what you need to do or shouldn't as you do your build.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Journeyman

We're in the same boat kbartman. I'm definitely to the point where.... "Just Build It" sounds good to me!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Master Builder

Thanks, Beehiver I borrowed your design for a tapering and bevel jig. I made one small improvement, hope you don't mind. I added a vertical adjustment. Recess cut to allow for zero adjustment. Wing nuts for quick adjustments and setup. Marine varnished hopefully the wood does'nt swell......Time to build......just do it.......Hope works out for me.
Attached Thumbnails
My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0131.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0132.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0133.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0135.jpg   My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida-sspx0136.jpg  

KB

Last edited by kbartman; 03-31-2013 at 06:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey that what is forum is all about sharing and improving the next generation. My jig looks the the Flintstone model compared to OasisCDM and yours. Great improvements. Now get building
Old 03-30-2013, 06:24 AM
Journeyman

That looks great. I'll be making one for my build as well. I'm going to make one change to mine; I hope you don't mind kbartman. I'll be adding racing stripes right down the middle
Old 03-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATK406 View Post

Ok, maybe Al wasn’t trying to say all that (I think that’s more than 20 of his posts combined). But that is what I thought he was talking about.
Sorry for the delay, Ive just had the weekend away and there was barely any phone reception never mind internet....

That is was I was getting at ATK in a shorter kind of way.

Domes are not aches in cross section, so why draw it up as one?

Old 03-31-2013, 03:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

C'mon. It's a 2D picture. If one could cut a dome in two down the middle, that's exactly what the view of the exposed face would look like.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
c'mon. It's a 2d picture. If one could cut a dome in two down the middle, that's exactly what the view of the exposed face would look like.
ok........

Old 03-31-2013, 07:19 PM
Master Builder

Ok guys, I'm considering renaming this thread Pompeii oven for dummies. That way we won't t scare off any Geico type guys.... Remember Pompeii was not to far after their days……. Fire was discovered by the caveman . So without them ……..KISS the “F” good bye in “WFO“......LOL.......The KISS principal has far reaching aspects……more than we’ll ever know….. It was the caveman whom kept this principal alive. ……. So here my question………. Inner arch, what is the minimum and maximum thickness?……I liked Beehiver’s interlocking bevels tying the dome course to the inner arch.

KB

Tags
chimney, flue