Old 12-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My 32" oven build has begun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarA View Post
Dinner tonight will be roast pork, Garlic prawns, chicken wingets (buffalo wings) roast potatoes in foil and chorizo in terracotta pots with olive oil (Spanish salami) and it's proper chorizo not the garbage Woolworths sells.
Have a few friends over tonight so I can't stuff this up or it'll be KFC.
Sounds delish, what was your address again?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Apprentice

VIP members only tonight
Old 12-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Have a good night, you already sound excited.
We will of course expect some piccies tomorrow..

Old 12-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Apprentice

Piccies, Hmm alright everyone will think I'm crazy taking pics of food but that's ok. If the pics are blurred it's because the Beez Neez Matilda beer I'm drinking has done it's job.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thats ok Oscar, we are all nuts here, nuts about our ovens and the fine food they pump out.....

Old 12-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Apprentice

Last nights food was a success but for a short time I thought it was going to be a failure. I worked yesterday so the oven was lit at 3.30pm which is later than I would have liked. Because of the short heat time I had a larger fire than normal and was surprised that within 1.5 to 2 hrs the oven was already cleared and reaching temps up to and over 550c in places. The floor was around 480c so she was hot. At 5.30 I let the fire die down and by 6.30 the oven floor was still hovering over 350c. I couldn't wait any longer as the pork will take 90mins to cook and guests were about to arrive so reluctantly the pork went in. Within 15-20min it was already nice and brown so out came the foil and I wrapped it up and placed it back in. I placed the door on and after 10-15min the oven cooking thermostat was showing 280c so off came the door to let it cool down then after about 10mins the door would go back on. I kept doing this for about an hour until the oven temp became more stable. I think the last reading I took had it at 230c so the door stayed on for the last 30-45mins of cooking.
The crackle was crisp the pork juicy and tender and everyone raved so I was happy. You can see by the pic it does look a little burnt but believe me it was the best tasting juiciest pork I've had in a long time.
The chicken wingets were a hit as were the garlic prawns. Unfortunately the chorizo was last and everyone was full so there was left overs but still tasty.
I threw a few more pieces of wood in after the pork to recharge the oven so to speak as I found the chicken wings and prawns were taking a little linger to cook than I was happy with.

Here are a few pics. Some are a little blurred but that's the poor lighting not the beer.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice one......

Old 12-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Apprentice

Seeing all that food makes me want to get back to work on mine!
Looks delicious!
Old 12-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Apprentice

Thanks PizzaIdiot and Al

PizzaIdiot I was the same I would go weeks without doing anything to the oven and all it would take to motivate me was spending a few minutes on this site. looking at peoples cooking achievements is a great motivator.
Karangi Dude kitchen thread is a classic if you haven't seen it it's a must see.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday Oscar
Sorry about being slack in getting back to you...
Ovens working a treat it seems and you have the roast pork down to a fine art. Don't worry about the flue size mines 2/12 bricks long and 3/4 wide and I still get smoke stain at start up...whatha... it a wood fired oven I got over the smoke stains ages ago.

Regards Dave