Old 03-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Laborer

Default Re: A&M's 42inch Pompeii

Thanks Azatta...........I am still not getting a clear picture of EXACTLY what would cause a break down and EXACTLY WHERE AND WHY with the method I used last time. Until I get a clear reason for dome outside of floor I will go with what has worked for me on my last oven. This being said I am still open to peoples feelings on the debate and a good explanation on the "EXACTLY comment" above.
Step by Step of Oven #2 Build... I have built this one in partnership with a friend for a customer that took a liking to my first oven
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Laborer

Thanks Doug

A little luck is always nice and from time to time needed.
Step by Step of Oven #2 Build... I have built this one in partnership with a friend for a customer that took a liking to my first oven
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Also if I remember the instructions say the dome around the oven floor is the prefered way but my method that I used last time was accepted as an option.
Both ways work. I built my dome on top of my floor because of less fussing cutting on the edges, and the load of the dome would be more widely distributed.

Again, both ways work. Choose the one you like.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Laborer

My buddy Will has made great progress on the rock shear he is making for our stand construction and other rock shearing duties. First pic is of the blades that have just been heat treated and the second pic is of stand that we hope to be testing out tomorrow evening if all goes well.
Attached Thumbnails
A&M's 42inch Pompeii-hardened-blades.jpg   A&M's 42inch Pompeii-standing-tall.jpg  
Old 03-09-2011, 08:13 AM

Oh man, keep your hands clear of that blade. Looks like a guillotine.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Laborer

Gazebo is going up nicely now. Hub shown in attachment is the anchor for rafters and will also enclose the oven pipe. The Gazebo and oven stand may still take a month or so to complete before and fire brick work starts. I am keeping a detailed account of this build shown for those that may be interested on a photo album that can be viewed from the bottom link below...............
Attached Thumbnails
A&M's 42inch Pompeii-inside-looking-out.jpg  
Old 04-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Apprentice

Very impressive carpentry skills. Kudos.

My projects:
Old 05-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Laborer

Been a while since I posted any progress shots. I have been posting my photos on my picasaweb photo album as I find it an easier format for uploading and viewing.

This has been a fun project for my friend and myself. Just getting to the really fun part now!
Attached Thumbnails
A&M's 42inch Pompeii-cupola-complete.jpg   A&M's 42inch Pompeii-floor-low-res.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Laborer

Course one in place.
Attached Thumbnails
A&M's 42inch Pompeii-course-one.jpg  
Old 05-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Apprentice

Very cool and well done!

My projects: