Mold growth on insulation
I poured my hearth and laid down my insulating FB Board but I was delayed in putting down my floor tiles. I covered the FB Board with a tarp but some moisture made its way in and I now have some spotty mold on the board.
Should I be concerned?
I was planning on washing with some bleach and possible treating with a fungicide but I would assume that the insulation is inedible (if that is even the right term) to mold and therefore I don't have to worry about it breaking down over the long term. I know that if mold is visible on the surface that it is likely that spores have already penetrated into the material.
Basically I don't want to invest all my time building the dome, only to find the base layer of insulation crumbling and therefore totally disrupting my cooking floor in a year or two.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2006/10 Forno Bravo, LLC