Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Mississippi 44"

That weather was crazy. It was so windy last night that I couldn't get to sleep. They made it close at the end, didn't they? Good game. I'll PM you Gulf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:52 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bec1208 View Post
Hope you post your "super menu".
Bruce,
I will do that. Just maybe, a little closer to Super Sunday. I plan on "playing" with a few things that day .

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
That weather was crazy. It was so windy last night that I couldn't get to sleep. They made it close at the end, didn't they? Good game. I'll PM you Gulf
Dennis,
The chits..................I mean chips are in the mail .

Last edited by Gulf; 01-12-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
Bruce,
I will do that. Just maybe, a little closer to Super Sunday. I plan on "playing" with a few things that day .

Dennis,
The chits..................I mean chips are in the mail .
They just arrived. Thanks! We had to sample the "Crawtaters". Delicious!
Gulf likes this.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
They just arrived. Thanks! We had to sample the "Crawtaters". Delicious!
I'm very that glad you liked them. Sometimes regional taistes don't do so well elsewhere. I think that Zapp's is developing a chitlin flavor,.......... maybe next year .

I'm a SAINTS fan forever! But, for the rest of this season, GEUAX HAWKS .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT....(7/24/2014).....It has been fun. Building and cooking in this oven has been a blast! From this forum, I learned "most"everything that it is required to build a great, fully functional, Pompeii Oven. I say "most" because, just about every build adds something to the forum that was not thought of before. There will be many other twists added in the months and years to come. My 60 plus years of age, and not to many less years of that in building experience, helped me do some of the things in my build which were a little "outside of the box". My advice is to stick to the basic shape and the insulation requirements of the pompeii. But, don't be afraid to "reason out" some of the steps involved, and to add to it your own lifes experience to your build, and to the common knowledge of the forum. Once you have finished your oven, enjoyed the fruits of your labor, "pay it forward" for as long as you can .

Take it easy, my friends .
deejayoh likes this.

Last edited by Gulf; 07-24-2014 at 01:51 AM.