Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Mississippi 44"

Actually, Jackson makes a decent mortar hoe, and they are at big box stores. I hear they do a number on snakes too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 07-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Actually, Jackson makes a decent mortar hoe, and they are at big box stores. I hear they do a number on snakes too.
Thanks for the advice Stonecutter,
But, I think that I can heat the neck of my mortar hoe and straighten it out without breaking it. I have recently reinstated my walking stick"a (9 and 1/2 " Ruger Black Hawk) as my current weapon of choice for critters . In my hand, at close range, it feels like it is a handle and a half longer than a hoe .

Old 07-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice one. I come from a shooting family, but my brother took it to the next couple levels.

Dave Sevigny
Gulf likes this.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 07-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wood fired therapy is good to ease the troubled mind and masonry good for the soul.
Gulf likes this.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 08-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I was able to grout/tuck point my face dome brick joint this weekend. Finished pics to follow later.
I was also able to start on the something in the wood wood storage area that I have been planning for some time.

Several years ago an old friend (who lives in town) told me that he had some rebar and 6" mesh wire that he really needed to get out of his way. So on a scrounging run, I showed up with my pickup and 16 foot trailer. Along with the steel he loaded my as up with every thing thing that he did not want to pay to have hauled off. Oh well , that is just part of the game! One of the items was an old 16 foot garage door and all of the hardware. Most of that has been put to other uses except for the track and rollers. They will now be re-purposed for a slide out drawer for the wood storage area .
oasiscdm likes this.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Apprentice

Nice repurpose.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Mr. C posted pics of his babies, where are Gulf's and Tu's?? Quote robbed from Russell's thread

Old 08-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gulf,

OMG, those SM tomatoes are three time the size of mine and to think they came from the same seeds............

PS the wife just saw your tomato pics and just laughed and went in the other room, so much for my gardening technique/skills. I am going to save some seeds to try again next year.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log

Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 08-11-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:11 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gulf,

You would make Annie, from the NorthWest, proud with your scrounging skills...........

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log

Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 08-12-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Some more wallet photos, some of them are over 4 inches long.
Attached Thumbnails
Mississippi 44"-image.jpg