Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Mississippi 44"

Gulf,
I notice too that there is a smell associated with the dome clearing. I agree with your assessment abt using heat beads. It seem easier to control and moderate heat. Thanks KD.
Have a nice holiday season.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
Thank's V-wiz, you have one heck of a back drop for your oven. That is a beautiful view. I really do like your old brick. They will look great on your stand, but if you can get enough of them, the limit is only your imagination .

Thanks.. I enjoy the view also. The bricks you see in the pics are not the inly ones i have. I have about 300 more bricks. So total about 900-1000 red bricks
Old 12-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Cleared the dome again last night and cooked my first two pizzas. Sorry to say that they were Hunt's Brothers . (You have to crawl before you can walk) My wife bought them raw from the local store. They asked her twiced If she really meant that she wanted them uncooked .

They were the best Hunt's brothers pizza that we have ever had. Cooked some "oven style" BBQ chicken to day for lunch. It was OK but nothing to really brag about.

I put in a 14 pound brisket that I smoked and seared on my grill and side smoker. Put it in at 6:00 pm at approximately 240 degrees. At 7:30 pm I removed the Willie G. Door (approximately 230 degrees) and set the insulated door for the night.

I used a dry rub before searing on the grill. It was placed in a foil pan, baisted widh a homemade BBQ sauce, and covered with foil. The sauce was spiked with minced grape tomatoes, bell pepper,and just a little minced jalapeno pepper.

Just experimenting .

Old 12-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Why bother driving a Ferrari to the drive up window at Mcdonalds?

Dough is the easiest thing in the world to make: Flour, water, salt, and yeast.

Sauce: crushed tomatoes

Cheese: anything

Toppings: anything

Get after it!~
Old 12-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Cleared the dome again last night and cooked my first two pizzas. Sorry to say that they were Hunt's Brothers . (You have to crawl before you can walk) My wife bought them raw from the local store. They asked her twiced If she really meant that she wanted them uncooked .
You heathen you......

Old 12-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Tscarborough, brickie in oz,
10-4, copied direct .

Old 12-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Tscarborough, brickie in oz,
10-4, copied direct .
jump in the pool the water is nice, you have an oven....now use it.

Chip
Old 12-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipster View Post
jump in the pool the water is nice, you have an oven....now use it.

Chip
Thank's for the advice Chip.

I intend to do just that. Actually I am but, pizza is just not on the top of my A list ("lord I appoligize for that and bless the little pigmies down in New Guinee") .

Old 12-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gulf -
Congrats on getting started cooking. I am sure that in time you will tackle dough making with the same passion you've applied to building the oven and we will all be in awe.

I made 6 pies tonight for the family using the America's Test Kitchen "crispy pizza" dough recipe. I usually go with a sourdough culture - but this recipe was a winner for using IDY. Good one to try out.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:05 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Thank's for the advice Chip.

I intend to do just that. Actually I am but, pizza is just not on the top of my A list ("lord I appoligize for that and bless the little pigmies down in New Guinee") .
I do find that I make Pizza much less than bread, roasts and other cooked items, Pizza is about #6 on the list in terms of frequency. Making Cornbread and egg bake for tomorrow.