Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 04:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Mississippi 44"

Quote:
I think what you HAVE, maybe causing problems that you don't NEED.
Laurentius,
Thank's for your opinion. I do value all the experience on this forum. At any point in time that I decide that the insulation space and all covered masonry are dry, the breather can be removed and a threaded plug inserted.

I haven't heard of any of the vented ovens on this site, attributing any problems, to the venting. If mine turns out to be a FUBAR, everyone can learn by my mistakes .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:10 AM
Apprentice

It might even whistle!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Enough of this venting nonsense - I want to see post polishing pictures of those countertops!

And if you don't light that oven soon, I'm gonna start calling it the "Garage Queen" (car buffs will get the reference)
Gulf and banhxeo76 like this.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
Enough of this venting nonsense - I want to see post polishing pictures of those countertops!

And if you don't light that oven soon, I'm gonna start calling it the "Garage Queen" (car buffs will get the reference)

Yeah, I second that!!! You have more patience than a saint! Time to Fire up dude!

Tu Dat

If you feel lost with building your WFO, just pray to St. Stephen who is the patron saint of bricklayers.

Last edited by banhxeo76; 10-19-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh

We have a simular term for a bike like that: "Trailor Queen" .

Quote:
Origionally Posted by Tu
Yeah, I second that!!! You have more patience than a saint! Time to Fire up dude!
OK guys, I'll try to get off of my rump and make some sign this weekend . I've got two days off and a crapload of charcoal. Maybe I can keep her hot for about 48 hours using KD's method.

I worked out off of "graveyard" this morning. I got up around lunch time and started working on the mess that will mostly hide. I will be switching back to the origional colors and veining.

I gained some experience though. Using the smooth glass pane chips, prefilling, and sanding the shells works great with this method. It doesn't take a lot of grinding to get a reveal. I used course emory cloth and a sanding block to wet sand these before switching to 400 grit. It took about an hour to get them to this stage.

I'm not sure but, I think that a pretty good result could be achieved with wet sanding alone.
Between chimney lighting charcoal and keeping the oven hot around the clock this weekend I hope to pour the landing and mantle pieces. I may even use some of that heat to cook something.

Last edited by Gulf; 10-20-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I started early this morning with the Karangi Dude Heat Bead (charcoal briqets) Curing Method (Karangi Kitchen 48inch ready to start).
I sure was glad to see smoke coming out only where it is supposed to .
brickie in oz and banhxeo76 like this.

Last edited by Gulf; 10-20-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Apprentice

There she blows! Congrats!

My road to pizza is documented here:

Old 10-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

The Miss on here maiden voyage..............

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 10-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Apprentice

Thumbs up Re: Mississippi 44"

There she goes!!! The Saints is going to win tommorow for sure!

Tu Dat

If you feel lost with building your WFO, just pray to St. Stephen who is the patron saint of bricklayers.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thank's Ya'll,
And Tu, We've just about got it set up for the biggest come back in NFL history .

I am using a blast/smoking door on the my outside arch along with the damper to help control the temp.

Both of which are inspired by Brickie. Forgive my first attempt at heat resistant paint for the Willie G. I will be repainting the door and making either a smooth SS or diamond plate cut out to cover this up.
Here is a shortcut to Brickie's damper video where he shows how damper positon can be used to control temperature. I will be using it later to for low and slow cooking and smoking meat. For now it is working great for curing temp control.
Here is a link to Brickie's Blast Door (New blast door.).
cobblerdave likes this.