Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Mississippi 44"

Gulf,
Your flair for creativity is fantastic. Neat finale.

Russell
Old 06-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow, Thanks' Ya'll,
I wasn't sure how that would be accepted, but thanks' a bunch.
I think that this "creativity" as Utah describes just might be a reflection me liking my women just a tad on the trashy side.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gulf; 06-07-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Journeyman

Nice job on the coronation Gulf - at least your lady is not as trashy as this one
Attached Thumbnails
Mississippi 44"-trashy-lady-queen-cowel.jpg  
Gulf likes this.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amac View Post
Nice job on the coronation Gulf - at least your lady is not as trashy as this one
Damn Amac,
You need to give a little viewer discretion warning or something. I have my beer goggles on right now. I don't know what would have happened if I had of logged in before breakfast .

Old 06-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

It was raining this morning so I did not get to finnish flashing the chimney. I got under the dry A frame and worked on a project that I had planned since I decided to go with a wood roof over.

Installing some 5/8" Fire Core Gypsum.

It covers all wood adjacent to the chimney.

I'm not sure that it is necesary but, It makes me more confident that I have bought a little time in the event of a worse case scenario.

I intend to cover it with used corugated tin. (I like the looks of it)
The gables, soffits, eaves and facias will be covered with 1/2" water and mildew resistant gypsum before the metal is applied.

Last edited by Gulf; 06-10-2012 at 05:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-10-2012, 05:47 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Mississippi 44"

So, there is a new Mississippi Queen....?

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lburou View Post
So, there is a new Mississippi Queen....?
Well, maybe by the 4th of July. She should be belching smoke by then. Well, at least some curing fires .

Old 06-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Apprentice

Gulf my friend, you are not only building a super WFO, it is becoming more like a temple. When I light my WFO this Saturday for my daughter's birthday, I will make sure the smoke will head toward your direction to honor the Miss. Queen. I'm bowing toward your direction.

I am looking forward to go to Ms to pay homage to the Queen, for her beauty and grace! And you are not even done dressing her yet!

BTW, congratulation on being add to Lburou's list! Well deserve!
brickie in oz likes this.

Tu Dat

If you feel lost with building your WFO, just pray to St. Stephen who is the patron saint of bricklayers.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Tu,

Great description.........temple it is. By the way, I have followed your build closely and going to use your innovation of chafing dish fuel for curing. I see your build made to Lburou's top ten builds.

Russell
Old 06-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks' ya'll,
I had hoped the temple theme would go away when I got the Mayan Ruins covered up .
Tu,
I would love for you and your family to visit us in the piney woods. I don't know if I can compete with your cooking but, I think that once this thing is finished that I can whoop sump'm up .